Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I have to say that I wish I had the hearing that many here seem to have that they distinguish the subtlety of cables, etc. However, it is probably a good thing. What I experience is addictive enough as it is. Were my ears that good, I’d likely never get anything else done. I was able to pull up test tones on a search on Tidal. I know my Thiels can reproduce it, but I thought I’d blown my tweeter on the 14kHz tone. Nope. Just my ears. Too many live concerts over the years and work noise exposure.
Have a question about the PX-02/05 crossovers. As we know, they are passive speaker level low pass filters to feed the Thiel active subs. They have only a single XLR output that I assume is “balanced”? So does anyone know what volts they output and if it is truly balanced? I realize it would be a function of the volts presented to it by the speaker power amplifier in question, but get me in the ballpark...
@tomthiel...from 12/28... on your question concerning DAC/pre’s and the Benchmark DAC... have you been to audio science review.com? I think you will find it interesting. Your Benchmark amp truly lives up to its name. The Benchmark DAC does very well, but you might be interested in the testing of others there.
snbeall - Rob at Coherent Source Service might have some definitive answers for you. In general, a big voltage swing in audio is 10 volts.

Interesting thing about hearing is that our brain compensates somehow. My HF rolls off starting at 4K, but I can reliably hear the difference in filter types at 20kHz. I remember a study in the 80s or 90s demonstrating how we differentiate signals on carrier tones even when we can't hear them solo. At that time I could differentiate a 30kHz signal, which we all know is impossible.

I'll visit that Science Review site again. Thanks
Does anyone have the specs on the tweeter for the 3.6(D26AG-36)?  If you listen off to the side and rather close to the tweeter you can hear crackling on music with strong lower treble upper mid energy - like timpani for classical music.  If you listen out front you can't hear it at all at any volume.  I'm not sure how long this has been there either. 

What are the chances that something has gone bad on the crossover?

Will be calling Rob about this on Monday.  Want to see what else is out there should I need new tweeters.