Stereo systems are like Harleys

You'll never see two exactly alike. They are an expression of the owners ideas on design and performance, usually within the construct of a budget. Often put together over time with new and used parts.

I love that about this hobby. How boring would it be if we all had the same ideas of how a system should sound or look?

When you go to any kind of a rally, be it a poker run, charity ride or whatever.... it's customary to just walk around, checking out other peoples rides and chatting it up. It's a great way to meet people and have fun. Oddly, those bikers who's stigma is to be rowdy and obnoxious, are the nicest people I've met. Never once have I ever heard comments like DUH you should done this or that with your bike. Everything and everybody is accepted as is.

Perhaps some folks around here could learn a thing or two from the bikers. 

treynolds155
Virtual signaling, now that's a new one for me...thanks for the link MC. If that's what you call a subtle poke to have people be a little nicer around here, so bit it. You sir, have a nice day. 
Concur in general with the assessment of the biker atmosphere.

I think the impediment to better relations here is that contra the bike rally, no one has an absolute grip on the system performance someone else has built. It must be discussed. In doing so, the vagaries of perception tend to conflict, people "think" differently regarding their opinion of the performance, which they tend to hold absolutely, and you have a conflict forming.

I have seen a much less contentious attitude at shows usually, where people discuss systems in a more jovial mood and much like the bike events. Online seems to be an issue. The quality of communication of the written word is so much lower than in person discussion.

An interesting aspect of having two distinctly different bikes; when I ride the sporty bike I get less "hello" waves from cruisers, and when I ride the cruiser, I get less acknowledgement from the sporty bikers. It seems that it takes dismounting the bike for some to be more friendly. Perhaps a situation not unlike the online/show dichotomy? :)

One day a Cary V12R power amp, sprung a leak overnight.
Sure reminded me of the old Harleys.  They use to mark their spot with the old chain oilers. This guy did the same.. Cracked me up.. It was the first thing I though of.. Harley 45 flathead, stick shift, foot clutch.

I hated that thing when I was a kid... I wound up on the wrong side of that thing a few times, trying to get it started and get to school. My mother use to pull start me..Behind a 68 Ford Torino, when it was cold. Yup.. I have pictures of her (my Mom and her sister) riding an old Indian Chief delivering mail during WWII in Texas..

I was raised around bikes.. I haven't ridden in years.. I've fixed a few though.. V8ed a couple through the years too.. :-)

Regards