Trading totem sttaf

Thinking of trading or selling my totem staff speakers. Solo piano and string quartet sound great but vocals jazz and pop are not very satisfying. Is there a bookshelf speaker I might be happier with? Maybe around $1000? I have NAD 356 NAD CD player and rega turntable. 
adetunde
At $1399 on sale here on A’gon new from the manufacturer, the LSA-10 Signatures are a little above your budget but well worth the stretch IMHO.  They offer a 30-day in-home trial in the unlikely event they don’t blow you away.  Just my $0.02 FWIW, and best of luck in your search. 
Klipsch Reference Premier 600M for $503 from Music Direct wt 60 day return money back offer!  
Do you like the totem staffs?  Weren't they a lot more than $1000?  I have been looking at Totem Sky Towers (I believe they replaced the Staffs) which I believe are about $2500.  I heard them next to the Tribe Towers.  I even emailed Totem with questions about them I though they could answer better than a store.  They did respond to an initial question about the Arro and Sky Tower.  It has been a week now and their sales department has not responded to my email about the Sky Tower and Tribe Tower.  I guess they are not that interested in getting my business.  Let me know which speakers you get.  I have old ADS speakers from the 80's that I am looking to replace with something with less bass