computer to preamp?

how many ways can you connect your pc to preamp? or what is the best way to connect your pc to preamp? i am in the process of ripping my cd collections to my portable pc usig window lossless ( is this the best way ) then connect to my preamp, so far using the headphone output in on the pc, it's not exactly hi fi, i like to know what i could improvce?
thanks
a1126lin
can you get a digital output on an airport express? I have one but the only output it seems to have is a low-fi minijack
Below is a long link to apple.com its for Airport Express Stereo Connection Kit. One of the connectors is optical which can be used for connection to a DAC with optical imput.
Http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71608/wo/7M5EIwrPgSks2BaaBS21ruKsoK8/1.SLID?mco=CB298EB6&nplm=M9573LL%2FA

Allan
where do you buy the toslink connection, the regular tosolink connector is too big, i think it use a mini jack.
on the i tune, there are different way to rip the cd, wave, apple, acc ? which way has the best result?
You can get a toslink cable that comes with a mini adapter. They are easily found.
Squeezebox3

www.slimdevices.com

I believe this is a very solid alternative to Airport Express. Had analog and digital outs as well as 24-bit on-board DACs. Available wireless or Ethernet, well built. Imo the SB sounds incredible and has a very impressive functionality.

A low-end, but decent sounding and fairly simple alternative is the RCA Lyra wireless (a USB-based wireless setup with stereo analog outs) can be had for under $40.