Best Red Book CD Player for under $120

Hi, Just checking to see if there is any CD player that stands out these days as the best sounding unit in the $100 range? Thanks
hi_hifi
If I recall, an Adcom 575 got good press. I have seen them for around $100 on A'gon.

Regards,
Rotel RCD-855. You may find some other older Rotel's for $120 if you're lucky.

Cambridge Audio CD4, CD4SE, D300, D300SE (most likely the CD4 for $120 or less).

More likely to find these on eBay than here. A CD4SE sold for $150 this week there. If you'll streach there is a Cambridge CD6 listed now starting at $279, no bids. This is a great player.

The Rotel RCD-855 will go for between $75 and $125 on eBay usually depending on whether it has the remote.

I would choose the CD4 over the RCD855, but that's just personal taste. They're both a great bargain used. But you're 10 times more likely to find the RCD855. There is usually at least a listing every one or two weeks on eBay.
The Toshiba 3980 is a darling with the moders and has a very nice chip set. Readily available at Big Box stores for $49.99
Hey Sugarbrie,

Good to see you around again, your insight has been missed.

Regards,

PS - Still got those pumps and purse?
An alternative is... if you have a DVD player, you could use it as the player and get a used MSB Link DAC.

The first generation Link DAC goes for $100 to $120.
There is no difference from it and the newest Link III in basic stock form. The difference is the newer Link DAC's can be upgraded with various plug-in boards for more horsepower.

Still a nice DAC in stock form, and for $100-120 it probably is the best bang for your buck if you already have a DVD player with a digital out. Once again also check eBay.

Matty... I passed the Pumps/Purse on to another of Gilbert Yeung's associates. Gilbert had sent me that pair just to play around with. I did not pay for them. They were fun to try out.