preamp upgrade suggestion around $2000

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my preamp.  I am currently using a Luxkit A3300 preamp.  Other components are:
Naim Uniti Serve streamer
Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC
Otomon Lab custom build 300B amp
Spatial Audio X5 speakers

I am looking for a tube linestage between $2000-$3000.  From several years ago, I read good things about the following:

Cary SLP98
Modwright SWL 9.0 SE
Supratek Chardonnay
And more recent ones with good reviews:

Coincident Statement LineStage
Linear Tube Audio MZ2/MZ3
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
I have three questions:

1) Is there other models I should consider?  
2) are those in the first group still good options since they are older models?  3) anyone have experience in them and can do some comparisons?

gte357s
gte357s

Looks like your DAC has preamp out... if so have you tried going direct bypassing a preamp? I have a ModWright LS36.5 which is a great preamp and previously had the SWL 9.0 SE which is outstanding for the money as well. As nice as my ModWright is I am currently listening to my RME ADI 2fs DAC/Teddy Pardo direct to my amp and it’s outstanding. You don’t mention or note vinyl in your setup so I would suggest forgoing a preamp or at least give it a try if you haven’t.
@adg101 

I am glad you ask.  Yes, I did.  My power amp also have volume control.  Before adding the preamp in the chain, I directly connect the DAC to the amp.  Then after I bought the DAC, and also try the preamp mode of the DAC.  I confirm that, to my ear, having a preamp gives more definition to the music especially on the bass.  This is the reason I decided to spend more money to upgrade the preamp.
I can also share some of my experience with 6SN7, because my custom 300B use 4 x 6SN7, and I also have a 2A3 that use 6SN7.

i tried the Shuguang WE6SN7, unfortunately, it develops some popping noise at start up after 2 weeks.  The sound is ok, but nothing special.

i also tried the RCA grey bottle.  It is quite popular, but it sound flat.

then I have a pair of Tungsol with D getter, they are pretty good.  Smooth sound, and cheap.

the only 6SN7 that I can hear something different is the Sylvania three hold bad boys, and the two holes around the same time.  The different is very noticeable.  Once put in, the gain seems higher than other 6SN7, more impact and dynamic.  But then, I need to smooth out the sound somewhere.  So, tube rolling is really a rabbit hole, especially I have multiple components all using tubes.  =D 
@ebm

Used VAC or ARC.

i would agree with this, and add c-j

but for all three makers, the really good ones are still $3 grand plus

probably the don sachs is the best bet for $2 grand or a little over

or maybe this ----> https://avahifi.com/collections/preamplifiers/products/fet-valve-cf-slr-preamplifier