Audio Research VT80SE amp vs Prima Luna EVO 400 or 300

It’s time to get a newer tube amp after years of happy listening to vintage mono tube amps- MFA M-120 to be precise. I will mate the new amp with my upgraded/updated MFA Luminescence preamp and power Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage speakers. The Lumi is deservedly a legend and has a fabulous phono stage, to boot.

I’ve read many reviews and comments about both the ARC and the Prima Luna gear but would greatly appreciate a response from folks who’ve had experience with either one or the other or preferably both.

My musical tastes are quite eclectic, but primarily "classical" and do not include heavy metal, nor much R+R or pop at this stage of my life. I’m partial to what some might call warm, romantic and "euphonic," and from what I know, Audio Research tends to be less "euphonic" than some other tube components. At the same time, I enjoy listening to subtle details that more syrupy components can obscure. Unfortunately, I cannot audition anything prior to purchase, neither in my home nor at a dealer.  After much experimentation, I am convinced that SF GH's LOVE tubes!

Thanks in advance. Stay safe. Be well.

PS
ps
Thanks to all for your helpful posts.

@rushfan, both my golden-eared wife and I are partial to "warm." Hence our fondness for the vintage Sonus Faber GH speakers, although I’d never characterize the sound as "syrupy."
@5751That "hum" issue is a concern. I’ve had to deal with that in the past and it can be maddening. Have you tried a cheater plug on the amp power cord?
I test drove the PL dialogue premium against the Evo 400. There is clear sonic improvement, specifically in the detail and transparency.

How much will close the gap to the ARC gear?
Only one way to find out. As a brand, ARC is better. But the PL sounds meaty and ballsy like nothing I've heard before. Euphonic is the perfect word.

It is dead reliable. Every potential pain point in owning tubes is slain. Personally, I prefer detail to warmth...but what I'm stuck with is pretty damn good.

I have the Evo 400 power amp fed by a Don Sachs Model 2. Great combo.

Flame — hard to say.  Different rooms and very different speakers.  Some time ago when I replaced the 75SE with the 160S, in the same room and system, paired with DAWs, the 160S brought dynamics and “jump factor" to a whole new level.  It is dynamic as hell.  Spanish Moon from Waiting for Columbus became a thrilling ride; air drumming is an involuntary (if mildly embarrassing) response.  The 160S also brought a different sense of clarity/definition.  I hesitate to say better, but different.  More forward.  If you get off on the arresting transparency of a perfect Julie London or Nat Cole recording, or you want to feel the breathiness of Ben Webster, I’ve heard nothing better.  But I think in 10-20 years some will still love the 75SE for its ability to remain unnoticed, its naturalness, and its relaxed presentation.  In real life, when someone is playing a piano or guitar in your room, they are not trying to impress you with sonic charms.  Such is the sound of the 75SE.  In fact, it is VERY good in this regard.  But a true confession: I waffle between my teenage brain seeking punch and sizzle, to a more adult appetite for effortlessness and flow.  For example, at least once a month I seriously consider auditioning a D’Agostino stereo amp in place of the 75SE.  The 160S also offers more punch, with a noticeable "charm" in that lovely lower midrange, upper bass region.  And good ole’ bass is definitely tighter and more pronounced.  Final word on all this: the ARC break-in period is notoriously long, and it’s not malarkey.  Make sure you’re listening to a fully broken-in ARC amp, otherwise all bets are off.  
@jrw1971"I waffle between my teenage brain seeking punch and sizzle, to a more adult appetite for effortlessness and flow."i can relate, even tho' I'm well into my "golden years."  My wallet is a bit too thin for the upper echelon ARC gear but happy for you!

@sandthemall
Very helpful, sir. Thanks
Interesting thread. I am thinking that since the OP owns the same speakers as I do, that the answer to his question is going to be highly dependent on the rest of his gear-- and his room.
While IMO the GH’s can sound warm...they are actually not really a ’warm’ speaker. The GH’s, at least IMHO, are so revealing that if you place ’warm’ sounding gear upstream, along with cabling that enhances that...yes, you will get a very warm presentation. OTOH, if you place more revealing and ’neutral’ gear upstream, and cable for that, then you will get a ’neutral’ sound out of the GH’s. The synergy with the GH’s..and the room/gear, is the decider here. Personally, the amp question is a no-brainer to me...and the answer is the ARC.