B&W 805 models...

I guess the one on the B&W website is the newest model that is called '805S'.

First of all, what could be the S stands for? Standard? Signature?

Is '805S' = 'Signature 805'?

What are the different models such as matrix 805, signature 805, nautilus 805, 805S etc..., and which is oldest, older, newer, newest, etc...
eandylee
Sorry to resurrect a 15 year old thread(!), but I am not finding an answer in my Googling.  

I heard a new pair of 805's over the holidays and was impressed.  I have a smaller listing room and think that this speaker may work well in my space.

In searching the secondhand market, I am confused by all of the models.  I am thinking that I'd like to pick up a newer pair, but what are the models and timing from the past 15 years?
Sorry to resurrect a 15 year old thread(!), but I am not finding an answer in my Googling.  

I heard a new pair of 805's over the holidays and was impressed.  I have a smaller listing room and think that this speaker may work well in my space.

In searching the secondhand market, I am confused by all of the models.  I am thinking that I'd like to pick up a newer pair, but what are the models and timing from the past 15 years?
@andy727I would stick to the D series of the 805, there's a D2 which started around 2009 and the still current D3 version which started around around 2016 (I think). 

Depending on your budget either will give you a good sound in a smaller room but I'd suggest a subwoofer to go along with them. I've heard the D3 with a JL D110 sub combo and it was fantastic!
Thanks for that, exactly what I was wondering.  I'll start with trying to find a good D3 pair..