SVS vs REL and experiences with both: your comments and preferences...

I’ve owned SVS and now own REL but just wondering who has had both and would care to share your experiences between the two. They seem to both have great advertising but a much different approach to it . Customer service is top notch too.  They both to me seem to have tons of reviews and getting awards......Thoughts.....
128x128bacardi
I have not owned any current Rel but I do have 2 x SVS Ultra SB. My buddy had the Rel G1's and after hearing my two SVS subs, he just sold his 6 x G1 subwoofers. I'm not a big subwoofer guy and I don't utilize them to their maximum but instead only look for that last octave. However I do like articulated bass and I find after owning many different subwoofers that the SVS Ultra SB does everything correctly and nothing wrong. Highly recommend!
I have two RELT9i integrated perfectly with Harbeth speakers.  They sound right with music, plenty of deep bass and punch when the music calls for it- never overbearing or blocking any midrange detail.  No slow or lagging beats- they keep right up with the mains. 
These are the first subwoofers to accomplish this out of others I have tried. 
I have no interest in any other subwoofers.   
worldwidewholesales,

There are no absolutes in Audio, only preferences. The truth is I hate to post on Audiogon, because far too many threads turn into silly arguments. You are a dealer for SVS and admit that you have not heard any current REL, but you imply that they lack articulate bass. The bottom line is you have a financial incentive as a dealer and I don't. I've owned both... SVS SB15 & 16 Ultras, REL Carbon Limited's and I currently use REL G1 MKII subwoofers. In addition, I've owned HSU, Martin Logan, and JL Audio subwoofers. It's just my opinion, but if I wanted a subwoofer for HT only, I would select SVS over every subwoofer I've owned due to price versus performance. If price wasn't a consideration and it was for HT only, I would purchase JL Audio. For 2-channel only I prefer my REL G1 MKII over every subwoofer I've ever owned. It isn't just about bass, but no other subwoofer has improved everything across the audio spectrum like REL. There's more detail, air, and spacing between instruments when my subwoofers are engaged. There isn't a night and day difference, but easily discernable. What's fascinating to me is I can't tell my subwoofers are on until I turn them off.  
My son has a sealed SVS 2000 Pro in a 3500 cubic foot room in his music only system.  $900 in the gloss finish...looks to me well made and arrives well packed.

Great sub, tiny, completely disappears.  Runs his mains full range and brings the SVS in at 80hz...it goes deep and has great tone up higher.  I give all the credit to the built in 3 band parametric equalizer that gives you tremendous ability to "adjust" the sound from your seat, with your smartphone. 

@yakbob the Rel 212SE is a phenomenal subwoofer. I cannot find and faults about this particular model. I own two of them and they integrate seamlessly with my system. They simply disappear and are the most beastly/ well crafted subs I have the pleasure of having. Thumbs up to Rel.