Server/Streamer or Streamer/DAC?

Hi,
does anybody have any insight into which of the above two options is overall better (e.g. more Pros and/or less Cons) than the other one, including bang-for-the-buck considerations, points of evolution, flexibility, total cost of ownership, SQ, and many other criteria, anything that comes to your mind?
fiza
The Innuos units are streamers and servers and have disc drives so you can load CDs into them without any other equipment/hassle.  If in your budget I’d take a hard look at Wolf. 
What is it about the more expensive streamers that provide better quality sonics? Anyone want to tackle that one? 

I am in the process of considering adding a streamer to replace my Macbook (via usb) direct to my DAC. I just want to get to the bottom of the sonic improvement I'd be getting. I have a high end DAC (Rockna) and would add their streamer or something at that level. I just don't understand why, from a tech perspective, a high end streamer is better than a computer straight in via USB. 
What is it about the more expensive streamers that provide better quality sonics? Anyone want to tackle that one? 

I am in the process of considering adding a streamer to replace my Macbook (via usb) direct to my DAC. I just want to get to the bottom of the sonic improvement I'd be getting. I have a high end DAC (Rockna) and would add their streamer or something at that level. I just don't understand why, from a tech perspective, a high end streamer is better than a computer straight in via USB. 
JC5= I am kind of in your same boat.  I have a Lumin X-1 which is a DAC / Streamer and I love it.  However, I have been debating whether to add a music server to even improve the sonics more.  Is that guaranteed????  I don't know.  A dealer wants me to buy the Rockna Reference DAC and Server.  I was also considering getting an ultra high end DAC like Lampizator Pacific or Aries Cerat Kassandra or Helen.   I wonder how much better the sound would be?   From a  server perspective,  I have looked at Innuous, 432 AEON, Taiko, Antipodes etc.  I would have to sell my Lumin X-1 before I do anything and I am sitting here now listening to music and saying OMG this sounds so good.  But I am intrigues if a server will take my system to another level.  
What is it about the more expensive streamers that provide better quality sonics? 
Purpose built to optimize audio quality with higher-quality parts while minimizing contamination and noise.