Uneven soundstage help, please.

I've got a pair of ATC SCM40 v2's driven by a Musical Fidelity A308 (plenty of power) and overall I'm happy with this combination, given my budget, wife, and listening habits. My system is in an incredibly complex large room, with all sorts of variables in terms of reflection, absorption, etc. And these aren't exactly the same from one speaker to another. I have no choice about speaker placement, given the room configuration.
There's a phenomenon that concerns me, though, that I haven't been able to resolve. In order to get the center centered, I need to position the speakers and listening chair in such a way that the soundstage extends all the way to one speaker, but only three-quarters of the way to the other. It doesn't sound out of whack. It's just a narrower field than I had with my older KEF References, and I wonder if it would sound even better if this was resolved.
Has anyone else faced and solved this? What factors are driving it? I've been living with it comfortably, but I wonder.
Thanks ahead of time for any replies.
m
128x128m669326
I do the same.....Good idea b_limo....But it is more gentle the way i did it....Peroxyde must not be put in great amount in the  ear....

Instead,

For the night only a drop of a special solution they sold cheap in pharma...Or a drop of peroxyde in many drops of water you push the 9 or 10 drops with a dropper into the ears...

Then at morning it is better to push slowly tepid water with a special seryngue into the ears ...

You go on like that one, 2, or 3 days it is relative to the size of the obstruction... You take the number of days it takes to have a clear water dirty one....For inspecting the water that will flow out of the ear you ,ust use a vase against the ear when pushing the water seryngue into the ears....

The best is to buy a tool kit for cleaning the ear at pharma... The instruction are given ... Or go on youtube and you will have more clearly all the method i just describe....

And then sounds take colors anew....

No more lost in soundstage balance either...

It is with that operation after which i was able to do my acoustical setting of room with only my ears...

😊

A soaked Q-tip is a simple way of peroxiding your ears....and it feels good to absorb the solution and whatever else shows up. ;)  Beats trying to pour it into the side of your head...difficult, even with a mirror.

Go and have your hearing checked anyway.  It's painless...except for finding out that your hearing Isn't what it used to be....🤦‍♂️

Single-side hearing aids aren't that unusual, either.  The tech involved has improved to the point that:
-If you wear both sides like me, you can adjust the balance and slightly coarse eq settings on your cell.
-Part of the set-up of your device(s) can include much finer initial eq at the audiologists' office; later fine-tuning can be done over the phone remotely with some....like mine.
-If you're using ear buds, you can toss them.  Bluetoothed, you can take/make calls or listen to your tunes.  Newer TV's allow you to listen as well at whatever volume you like.
-Bass lines aren't 'physical'...but that's best left to a sub anyway.
-I'm allowed 3 follow-up 'tune-ups' for free.

The last came in handy, but was hilarious for the while before taken.
Everybody appeared to have a slight 'lisp', caused by sibilance.  Even on the TV....

Listening to The Chump lisp was precious, getting to hear him have an apparent 'disability'....so much for Mr. Perfect. ;)

Wonderful. 🤣

I even have the ability to 'focus' their acoustic response; biased forward, 'surround', even towards behind me...which takes care of being snuck up from behind or talked about behind my back.

My mids had lapsed quite badly, which I was delighted to have returned.

The main drawback?

The world is a lot nosier than I'd remembered.
But now...I can 'tune it out' or even shut it off.

Oh, and you can still use your system earphones even with the 'behind the ear' versions....like mine.  The 'in ear' versions are for minor loss generally.  Sound protection earphones become necessary, but should be used by everyone anyway to avoid my issue from the get-go.

"But I've got Perfect Hearing."  Uh-huh...if you're anywhere close to my age (69), doubtful.

Go get checked, and get back to me on that....

Good advice above or go to your md or pa and have them flush it out.   I have done it twice and the relief is great.   
The Chase Remote Line Controler RLC-1

I use it for everything, remote control of volume and balance of any source.
Your imbalanced situation, you would also, to control balance for any source.
Remote volume and mute are also a real treat.

therefore, everything goes into the Chase, then Chase to the amp.

Amp, receiver, mono blocks, integrated amp, it doesn’t matter, just into whatever drives the speakers.

IF Receiver: Chase output to any line level input, ’aux’ typically, leave all controls neutral on receiver.

My amp is an integrated amp. Chase is the only thing plugged into it.

CD player direct to Chase’s CD input (skip preamp)

Reel to Reel direct to Chase’s TAPE input (skip preamp)

TT (3 arms) to SUT with 3 inputs. (pass for MM; 4 optional loads for MC)

SUT to Preamp’s MM Phono Input

PREAMP Output to Chase VCR input (very cool record player)

FM built into Preamp, thus also goes to Chase VCR Input.

Cassette and 8 Track (rare, but ....) spliced into Y, then to Chase AUX (skip preamp)

Thus my Preamp on for TT or it’s FM only. Everything else, Preamp OFF, Chase direct to Amp.
You might send everything to your preamp, then to Chase, then to amp.

VOLUME. Important to get right to properly benefit from Chase’s ’loudness’ circuit.

Chase, default turn on volume, leave there, no loudness is engaged.

Preamp/Amp/Receiver, adjust it’s volume ’ONCE’, for your normal listening volume. Leave it there forever!

Volume Up, use Chase Remote Volume, no loudness involved.

Volume Back Down to ’default’ volume (2 lights), no loudness involved

LOW Volume, down from default, as you lower the volume below your normal, LOUDNESS circuit begins, progressively engaged as you lower.

Primary benefit is to boost bass progressively, i.e. Jazz Bassist. That is what maintains involvement for me, keeps my attention and enjoyment even at low levels. It also boosts the highs, I don’t even think about that, if I want to appreciate highs, I’ll be listening for real.

I wouldn’t live without one.

Verify it has zero noise, zero detriment to your system. Plug CD direct to amp (skip your preamp, skip chase. Listen. Now CD direct to chase (skip your preamp), chase to amp. Listen. I and my friends hear absolutely no change.

If you do, it you hate it, return it! I’ll bet money you keep it.