Looking for new (to me) Speakers for Leben CS300XS---Devore, Harbeth, or Reference 3A?

Hi, I am motivated to purchase one of these soon to use with the 15 watt Leben. I will be replacing my Zu's which are for sale here.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

DeVore Gibbon The Nines = $3.4k and a 81 mile round trip.

Harbeth C7ES-3 = $3.k and a 19 mile round trip. 

Reference 3A Episode BE = $2.7k and 36.5 mile round trip.

What would you do?

C

chriscostedio
Hi Chris -

Without knowing anything about your musical tastes and how loud you listen ... you would be going from floor standers to stand mounts with the Harbeths.  Do you have any concerns that your cat (s) will look to topple the new speakers?  That would be my first concern.  I use my stand mounts (Omega CAMs) on top of bookshelves for that reason.  The speakers sound fine, but some of the audiophile niceties get lost.  

Second concern would be the speakers' efficiency.  With the Leben's output @ 15 wpc, you will want efficient speakers.  That may disqualify the Harbeths.

I don't know the other two speakers.  I am presently running both Zu Audio and Omega CAMs with my systems.  

I like the look and what I have read about the Nines.   I might obsess that Pattie Cat and Tony would find the side mounted woofer a little too tempting and interesting, but I would do the trip to audition them.

Apologies for the feline approach to speaker selection, but it would be a big part of the process for me.

Rich 
I’ve owned the 7ES3 and I doubt a 15 watt amp would be a good fit. The 3 grand is overpriced for that speaker.
$2500 or less would be more of a ballpark price for them in the standard cherry finish. BTW, you will also need stands with them!
Post removed