upgrade to the original birdland

Can anyone tell me which dac would be an upgrade to my Birdland odeon lite under 700$? I have meadowlark kestral 2 speakers and a cayin ta-30 integrated. Thanks for the input!
sean34
Houston we have a problem! Only two components left speakers or integrated.You might be over driving the speakers, the integrated or both. Most 1st order crossover speakers cannot be driven as you would a higher order design. The tweeter will try to pass frequencies from the midrange driver. You may need to try a different pair of speakers.Something designed for higher SPL.
I was thinking that the odyssey lorelei's would be a good choice, or maybe a monitor with outstanding bass.
Sean34, I note in your other thread ("taming female voice") you indicate that you have a "cheap toshiba transport". Before I invested in another DAC I believe I would address the cheap transport first. As the saying goes, "garbage in - garbage out". Given your budget, perhaps a good CDP would be a better upgrade? Just a thought. Good luck with your search.