Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
I run a class D amp which doubles output from 8 to 4 ohms and is stable at 2 ohms. Also sounds fabulous ( Aavik U-300}. There are other good sounding class D which are stable at 2 ohms.
You can source second hand Aavik U-300s as it has been replaced by a new model. . It has a great DAC and adjustable phono stage. Would expect heavy heavy discounting too as list on Aaviks are frankly ridiculous
EPDR, what ever...

Some time back I asked for the opportunity (I also paid for it!) to test an amp that uses less idle power than my Pass X350.5.
~450 watt in my case, standby = 5 watt though!

So here came a pair of Mola Mola monos, claimed by someone experts - being the 'Rolls Roys' of class D amps. 

Well, so why not? 

Long story short, whether it was an EPDR issue or what else ever, they just didn't 'cut it'. 
Why?

Clean as a fiddle they'd sounded, they just could not match the authority of my class A / A/B Pass.
This into a 89dB, 4ohm, quoted Burmester 961, ~35 kg/speaker. 
8“ bass drivers, but by no means a current guzzling monster speakers. 

Anyone think I'd try some more Class D 'Rolls Roys'... not very likely as I feel at present. 

Just sharing for what it's worth... 😏 
Michélle 🇿🇦 
Stereophile tester JA does not say what George thinks he says and JA is not an amplifier designer. Neither is George hence why he keeps making wrong statements about Class D.  Read some other threads. George can never justify his statements and can never communicate why they are true.

You have the floor George. Tell us exactly the effect of EPDR on Class D. Go for it.
The only class D is in my subwoofer in my surround sound system. I do hear the Rogue Sphinx is class D and has some great reviews, however it Is a hybrid with Tubed preamp and so it most likely helps it sound better. Also, the Marantz ruby is a class D integrated.