Need a sut for Hana ml

I hava a Cary ph301 phono stage Mc has 60dB at 100 Ohms  it’s to much gain for cartridge,  I tried 1:10  into mm input  , gain much better but it produced 470 Ohms sounds more like my Hana sl,  the Hana  ML needs >100 Ohms ,what ratio sut should I use ,any advise would be appreciated ,thank you ,and happy holidays.
fedie
Can you inform me on the gain and ohms with the 1:5 sut I would appreciate it very much. Thank you for your time.
Using a step up transformer with a turns ratio of 1:5 should give you a gain of roughly 13.98dB.  

The reflected impedance will be dependent upon the input impedance of the phono stage you are using.

Many phono stages will commonly use an input impedance of 47K Ohms.  If this is true in your case, your cartridge should see a resulting impedance of roughly 1880 Ohms.

Here is a link to a calculator that can help you with the variables... http://www.mh-audio.nl/Calculators/StepUpTransformer.html

Happy New Year!
You lost me somewhere. You say the factory recommends a load of greater than 100 ohms. You also say correctly that your 1 to 10 SUT gives you a net impedance of 470 ohms. In other words, the cartridge sees 470 ohms when it looks toward the phono stage. According to the factory information you quoted, this is perfectly OK. 470 is greater than 100. What’s the problem?
It sounds much different at 100 ohms tone wise better , but noisy to much gain, so I think maybe 150 to 200 ohms will do. The Hana sl sounds good at 470 ohms the Hana ml sounds to stringent 
My simple answer: x factor 14, see below.

I’m still new to the world of MC and SUT, others will correct me if wrong. I learned a great deal here after I started this thread about SUT for .3mv; 10 ohm resistance

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/which-sut-for-3mv-10-ohms-mc-cartridge-into-3mv-mm-input-sens...

My conclusion was to choose a SUT with a few variations, options, perhaps factory retrofit, to solve both current and future cartridges. Can CARY factory modify yours? In a way you can revert or modify in the future?

btw, the impedance settings on the front of a SUT are not the same as the resultant output, it doesn’t know what your cartridge is sending or it’s coil’s impedance.

My choice was AT33PTG/2, output .3mv; 10 ohm impedance. Your Hana ML seems quite similar .4mv out, 7 ohm impedance, I like it’s separation and tight channel balance, that’s why I picked mine.

But, the combo of a bit stronger signal with lower coil impedance can be problematic. You need to find the highest signal strength you can work with (highest x factor you can use to control the impedance that will be shown to the phono’s 47k.

The simple formula for impedance is to use 10x your coils impedance as a general goal for the amount to show to you preamp’s 47k input (yours: 7 x 10 = 70, go up from there). OEM simply says greater than 100 ohms.

Thus you want your phono input 47k divided by x factor squared (xfs) to be up/dn from 70. 47k divided by 70 is xfs of 670, that’s a high x factor of 26.

Problem: .4mv x xf 26 = 10.4mv, much too high signal.

if x factor 16, then signal = 6.4mv (some loss, still high). Now, xfs = 256, 47k divided by 256 = 183 (much closer to 70).

if xf 14: signal 5.6mv; 47k div by xfs 198 = 240 ohms to phono perhaps your best choice.

if xfactor 12, signal then 4.8 before a bit of loss, 47k divided by xfs 144 = 326 ohms, ’more above’ 70 ohm guidance, but within OEM guidance,