Confession of a poor power cord pairing for a Pass Labs XA-25

I recently purchased a Pass XA-25 to replace my Nuforce STA-200. I had replaced the power cord on my Nuforce with an entry level Silnote power cord which made a tremendous difference in sound for the Nuforce. However, when I received my XA-25, I apparently was in an extreme hurry and did not install the cord that Pass Labs included.
This evening as I was sorting through a big box of interconnects and power cords, I discovered a power cord that still had its factory twisty tie intact. After a few minutes of deliberation, I realized that this was the power cord that was included with the XA-25. I hooked it up and wow!.. Detail and Bass that I didn't know this amp was capable of.
Moral of the story.... Just because it's factory power cord.. doesn't mean it can't be good.

128x128coachpoconnor
Hmmmm. I am using a ZU Event Powercord with my FirstWatt J2. Sounds great. This has got me wondering about the original Power cord that came with my J2. It's still in its twisty tie.
alfau7-
First let me say, that I thought the Nu-force was a great little amp for $400-$500. Comparing it to the NAD integrated that I had before, it was eye opening, then when I connected the $99 Silnote power cord, it got even better. If your looking for an amp to push 4 ohm, or less than 90db efficient speakers, it ain’t it.
The Pass XA25 has dynamics, tone, timbre, definition, soundstage, transparency and bass authority in spades. The first Album I played was Vivaldi, The English Concert, the dynamics actually startled me. The timbre/tone of instruments was outstanding. Don’t let the 25@8 ohm/ 50@4 ohm rating bother you. I would encourage you to read the Herb Reichert review in Stereophile, for a more verbose account.