Technics 1200G VS VPI Prime Signature

Has anyone specifically compared these two turntables? Longevity plays a role here, but ultimately SQ is paramount. Aesthetically the Prime Signature (rosewood) is a beautiful looking table. Thinking about either table with Van Den Hul Grail, and VDH DDTII special. I have heard nothing but good things about Technics 1200G.  I have heard of some QC issues with VPI. The simplicity of the Technics unit is also a plus. Any input about this will be appreciated...
jakesnak
Post removed 
Happy to hear that. Are you happy with the cartridge? I've heard the lighter record weight is a good addition. I'm going to start off with the stock mat. Keep me posted and I'll share my observations when I'm up and running. I won't get my VDH phono stage until mid to later Jan. 
Everyone should be happy with their possessions .  I've been using a VPI arm for many years and haven't had problems in that many years.  It may "feel" weird for the first couple of times you use it, but then ...like a new mattress one adjusts.  Once its set up properly it is stable in the groove (not in the handling), but remains one of the excellent arms being manufactured today.
Mine is an SL1200GAE, functionally the same as the G, and for about 3 years it sat next to a Prime until I upgraded the Prime to VPI's HW-40 last year.  I would say the two turntables are focused on different customers with quite different priorities.  The Technics is definitely easier to set up and to use especially for those who might want to change cartridges frequently.   For example, I have two Ortofon 2M cartridges, a Black for stereo and and an otherwise identical 2M SE Mono wired for mono.  The Technics with it's interchangeable headshells is ideal for things like this.  The Technics is also dead accurate for speed.  By contrast the Prime right out of the box is not so easily set up and changing cartridges is best accomplished by buying a second arm.  Doable for sure, but not quite the same thing.  And the Prime was off speed until I added the Phoenix Engineering tachometer and controller, oh and triple belts.  Then there was an extra $1,000 for a periphery ring.  Then VPI came out with a mod for the arm that stabilized the unipivot and then...well you get the idea.  The VPI is an on-going work in progress.  The Technics is for the record collector that does not want to spend a lot of time and effort messing with the TT.  Set it and forget it.  That's the spirit.  The Prime is for the audiophile/hobbyist who likes to mess around, seek improvements, takes delight it hearing the benefits of tweaks.  The VPI definitely can be made to outperform the Technics, but that is not true right out of the box and not everyone has the patience or the money to go that route.  Like I said, two turntables that are focused on different segments of the market.  I think we should be grateful to have the choice.
Bill
Bill that's kind of what I have interrupted from reading and listening from different posts. I think you have summed it up nicely...