Opinions on differing power cable for amp and preamp

Hello All,

Looking for your thoughts/advice/opinions. I currently have a Rotel RSP-1582 preamp and I am using a Transparent High Performance Power cable. My amp is a Simaudio Titan HT200 5 channel amp using a Shunyata Delta NR 20 amp power cord. Better to trade the Shunyata Delta for a Transparent Premium 20 amp power cord? Does that make more sense for synergy purposes or does it really not make a difference mixing different power cables from different manufacturers? I should also mention all my speaker cable and interconnects are Transparent Plus. 

Thanks all in advance....
kingbr
Opinions? Ok, first I have no opinion about your specific components. My opinion about power cords in general is that they are the most important cables in the system and that they are often very component dependent. A particular cord can work well with component A but, less well with component B. To me, the synergy thing is not achieved by just having all the cables being the same brand but, is found by mixing together those bits and pieces that just "click" or "lock in" or have a high "synergy" for each other. This of course revolves around personal preferences and does require a lot of trial and error testing. That being said, my personal systems do have all the same brand (Transparent) and mostly the same tier level of interconnects and speaker cables within the system but, I have a variety of power cords (many are DIY) again mixed and matched for synergy with each component.

While is is entirely possible that you may prefer the results of going from the Shunyata cord to the Transparent cord, I would not let go of the Shunyata cord before experiencing the Transparent cord with your amp. You don't want to close the door before you know.

I will offer one suggestion about your cord on the preamp. I have a some amount of familiarity with many of the Transparent cables from the mm and mm2 generations including the non-network box cords such as, yours, also the Plus, the Super and the Ultra tiers. If you want to stay with Transparent, I suggest that you replace the "High Performance" cord with a network box cord. The Super mm would be a good step up. BTW, the cord called Premium occupies the position in the line up in the mm2 generation and the Gen 5 generation that previously was called Super. Sometimes Transparent has changed names or the usage of certain names for no apparent reason.

While I prefer Transparent for the reduction of high frequency noise and general control of the highs and if transparent does one thing well, it is bass, the brand does have its detractors with price being one of the issues.

I don't doubt there will be other opinions forthcoming.
Thanks so much for the replies! @mwh777 very insightful and helpful! Always great to hear from a fellow Transparent owner. Great call on trying out the Transparent before parting with the Shunyata and looking at upgrading the High Performance for Premium with the network box. At almost triple the price that's pretty steep but I'll heed your advice:)

@noromance yes, I just had a dedicated 20 amp circuit installed recently. Figured the Simaudio Titan would appreciate that:)
What you're essentially asking about is the "full loom" idea.  Like just about everything else on this site, it hasn't been determined one way or another.  Some people swear by it, others swear at it.  Some will prefer different brands for ICs, SCs, and PCs.  There have been threads where people compensate for some feature of an IC (between source and preamp) with a different brand elsewhere (between preamp and power amp).  As has been said, no one on this site can tell you definitively about your issue.  Experiment--but try to make sure everything is returnable!