Speaker upgrade for classical music

Hi, I need recommendations for a speaker upgrade. I’m a classical violinist and listen almost exclusively to classical, opera and jazz. No movies, Atmos, etc.  I have a 17x14 listening room (doubles as practice room) with acoustical treatments (phase coherent diffusers at main reflection points and regular ones elsewhere).
Half my listening is in stereo and half in multi-channel (4.0 and 5.1).   All my recordings are either CDs or high-res—DSD and FLAC—audio files. I don’t have a turntable. 

My current system: Marantz SR 8012 amp, Yamaha S1000 CD transport, Exasound e38 DAC and Sigma streamer (connected to the Marantz with analog 5.0 inputs). Speakers: Polk Rti A7 stereo, CSi A6 center, Rti A3 surround, and dual REL T/7i subs. 
What I want: speakers with improved musical detail and clarity that really reproduces the expansiveness of the symphony hall or church. I like a warmer sound than a drier one.  What’s most important to me is to hear what the recording engineer heard. Budget: say 8k or less.

Recommendations?  One other thing: Can I try them out?  And how?  I’m in Santa Fe, not a huge metropolis with lots of audiophile shops. 
Thanks very much. 
ssmaudio
Duke, thanks for the reply. When I read your first post in this thread, I got the impression you were suggesting emphasizing room reflections from the wall behind the listener. But after reading your second post, I realize you’re suggesting the use of additional drivers that are pointed at the wall in FRONT of the listener. This seems like it would be effective for enhancing the illusion of venue cues that came from the front of the venue. But it’s hard to imagine that this creates the feeling of "envelopment," since the reflections are coming from in front of the listener.
Two other quick questions if you’ll indulge me:
1. What issues arise from simply using two sets of speakers (one in front, one behind), both playing the identical signal from a regular, two-channel recording, but with the rear set of speakers positioned further away? 
2. What about near-field listening? If the speakers are very close to the listening position, almost creating a headphone effect, it seems like might work to create something close to envelopment. 
Hiphiphan wrote: "After reading your second post, I realize you’re suggesting the use of additional drivers that are pointed at the wall in FRONT of the listener. This seems like it would be effective for enhancing the illusion of venue cues that came from the front of the venue. But it’s hard to imagine that this creates the feeling of "envelopment," since the reflections are coming from in front of the listener."

Duke responds: My speakers are designed to be used with a lot of toe-in, like about 45 degrees, such that their axes criss-cross in front of the listener. This correspondingly "toes out" the up-and-back firing drivers, so their energy reflects off front wall and/or side wall, and ceiling, before reaching the listening area. And that energy continues to reflect around the room so it arrives from multiple directions, assuming the room isn’t overdamped, though the strongest reflections are those from the front half of the room. You can see an example in the first photo at this link. The stands have an up-and-back firing coaxial driver:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2019/06/17/new-gear-from-audiokinesis-and-resonessence-labs-t-h-e-sho...

Hiphiphan: "Two other quick questions if you’ll indulge me:
1. What issues arise from simply using two sets of speakers (one in front, one behind), both playing the identical signal from a regular, two-channel recording, but with the rear set of speakers positioned further away?"

Duke: As long as the rear speakers aren’t too loud, that stands a good chance of being beneficial. If possible, position and/or orient the rear speakers so that their mids and highs arrive at the listening area at least ten milliseconds behind the output of the front speakers. Sound travels slightly more than one foot per millisecond.

Hiphiphan: "2. What about near-field listening? If the speakers are very close to the listening position, almost creating a headphone effect, it seems like might work to create something close to envelopment."

Duke: In my experience nearfield listening can give excellent clarity and imaging, but you still need the reflections delivered from all around to produce envelopment.

The worst possible direction for reflections to come from is the exact same direction as the first-arrival sound. In that situation, they tend to be interpreted by the ears as coloration. This has been established by controlled blind listening tests. So the worst direction for the ambience cues on the recording to arrive from is directly from the speakers.  In a nearfield setup the idea is to be close enough to the speakers that they are much louder than the in-room reflections, which does not promote envelopment.  When the ambience cues on the recording are delivered from many different directions by the in-room reflections, that’s when they have the best chance of conveying envelopment. In fact multichannel music done right uses the surround speakers to ensure the delivery of the recording’s ambience information from many different directions.

I have experimented with optimizing the arrival direction of the additional reflections, and with optimizing their arrival time.  I found (to my surprise) that the arrival time matters more.  

Duke
Duke, thank you for the replies. Much food for thought. I have the Raidho D3.1 (I purchased them used; I'm not wealthy). Is the SuperStand, which contains the back-firing driver, compatible with a floor-standing speaker such as this? And how does The Swarm Subwoofer system fit in (or is it not compatible with the SuperStand)?
Actually, I had a break in my Tannoy journey after a bad divorce left me without them. After that, I'd been using some B&W's for mains, and bought some KEF's for center and surrounds at a very good price.

After that came a nice pair of Dynaudio's, but after a few years, the itch to get back to Tannoys started to get to me, so when my new Tannoys came on line, I still had my KEF center and surrounds. They have now been upgraded with a new KEF center, and some very good Pioneer Andrew Jones designed speakers for surrounds. Both are a fine upgrade, and they have added to my enjoyment of multi-channel music.

As I mentioned before, both the Tannoy and KEF are Dual Concentric (tweeter in the center of the woofer). I wish I could have you listen to my system. I live in the Pacific Nor'west in Puget Sound on Whidbey Island. That's a long way from Maine, but maybe you'll come this way for one reason or another some day. You'd be welcomed.

Regards,
Dan 
Hiphiphan wrote: "I have the Raidho D3.1 (I purchased them used; I’m not wealthy). Is the SuperStand, which contains the back-firing driver, compatible with a floor-standing speaker such as this?"

Duke replies: Very nice speakers!!

I have not tried adding extra rear-firing energy to a wide-pattern speaker like your Raidho’s. So at this point I’d have to say, I don’t know yet. I can think of arguments both ways, but such arguments pale into insignificance compared with the certainty of actually trying it. I hope to find out some day.

(The Sonus Faber Aida, their current top-of-the-line model, uses what looks like a rear-firing mini-monitor. The Sonus Faber loudspeaker [a previous top model introduced in 2009] also used a rear-firing mini-monitor. So it MIGHT work well with your Raidho, but I’m not sure... to a certain extent it depends on the "voicing" of the Raidho.)

Hiphiphan: "And how does The Swarm Subwoofer system fit in (or is it not compatible with the SuperStand)?"

Each SuperStand incorporates a passive subwoofer, in the top half of the "notch", so a pair of them are essentially one-half of a Swarm.

Duke