Sound quality impact - preamp vs power amp?

So how best to deploy available funds.  Better to spend on a high end preamp or outstanding power amp?  This assumes you already have high end stuff elsewhere in system.

emergingsoul
Love audio research line stage but leaving 8 tubes on all the time when watching tv sucks.  Tube life is 3000 hrs so not meant for a ht system.

good news possibly, have heard new arc models are planned to keep tubes off when in bypass mode.  Hope it happens soon.
For my First watt, i use a benchmark LA4.  I also have a boulder preamp matched up with a Pass Labs 258.8
Thanks @co93 I’ve been thinking about picking up a used SIT-3 as I work at home all day and listen to music. I realize I’ve been putting just a ton of mileage on the tubes in my SET tube amp in 2020 and perhaps drawing more power than justifiable throughout the day when it’s mainly background music.
With limited funds and with out a doubt the preamp is where you spend the money because you can fudge on the amp till you can afford a better one.
Sound quality impact - preamp vs power amp?

Well.. what will make your car run better? 

Cheap gas and using quality oil?
Cheap oil, and running quality gasoline? 

If the preamp is not right, the amp will not sound as good as it should.. and visa versa.

It was not a good question.  It was a "hoping it were that simple" type question. ;)