Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

I am sharing this for those with an interest. I no longer have vinyl, but I find the issues involved in the debates to be interesting. This piece raises interesting issues and relates them to philosophy, which I know is not everyone's bag. So, you've been warned. I think the philosophical ideas here are pretty well explained -- this is not a journal article. I'm not advocating these ideas, and am not staked in the issues -- so I won't be debating things here. But it's fodder for anyone with an interest, I think. So, discuss away!

https://aestheticsforbirds.com/2019/11/25/spin-me-round-why-vinyl-is-better-than-digital/amp/?fbclid...
128x128hilde45
i was thinking exactly the same 7 years ago...My dac was horrible and i have no clue about the way to embed, mechanically, electrically and acoustically my audio system... The sound was like all this description of digital by vinyl amateur...

But now none of these qualification apply...My lossless files are read by a very good Nos dac and mostly the acoustical setting of my room gives me a natural timbre perception...

Merry christmas to you....
By the way, everyone have a Happy Christmas and pray for a much much better New Year 2021. 🇦🇺
Maghister, I’m 7 years behind in understanding, perhaps a few more years in age, wasted not understanding audio to an audiophile stage. Have a good one. 😀
" By the way, everyone have a Happy Christmas and pray for a much much better New Year 2021. 🇦🇺 "
Lots of opportunity to improve over 2020. So much opportunity....
Best to you & yours @amg56.
Maghister, I’m 7 years behind in understanding, perhaps a few more years in age, wasted not understanding audio to an audiophile stage. Have a good one. 😀
Thanks for your kind words...

I wish you the best for this coming year....