0s & 1s are all the same aren’t they? Is it really worth paying for a “better” Streamer?

OK, so at the moment I use a Raspberry Pi into a Denafrips DAC.

I’m looking for the best sound I can get, but also to reduce boxes if I can (SQ is the decider), so looking at either an Integrated or Preamp with DAC or buying a Streamer with DAC, which would free me up to buy any Integrated or Pre..

But my question is, fed into the same DAC, do expensive Streamers really sound any better than a Raspberry Pi?    After all, aren’t 0s & 1s just that????

I can buy an Auralic Aries at a good price.  Would I really hear a difference?

I’ve only ever heard 2 expensive Streamers, both Linn.   Wasn’t at all impressed.   All I could hear is that awful smeared Linn house sound.

Is there an outstanding Streamer with Onboard DAC I should go for?

Thanks

singintheblues
I doubt it but only your ears know for sure.
Now if you wanna pay up for looks....
If you are more interested in SQ just put your money into a Silent Angel and an Allo Shanti. Besides 1s & 0svthere is jitter and distortion.
https://6bas55wfm4qiim2sxsnxhehlz4-adwhj77lcyoafdy-www-alpha-audio-nl.translate.goog/2019/11/alpha-a...
@ironlung 😂😂😂😂. Thanks for that.

Should I also learn how to tap my toes?
My point was, anyone describing Linn "house sound" as "smeared" obviously has no real experience with Linn at all, and needs to listen to a properly set up Linn HiFi. You just sound ignorant.

The LP12, Klimax DS/DSM, CD12, Karik/Numerik, et. al are industry standards for performance by which all other domestic HiFi sources are ultimately judged. In ANY system.

Your comment is akin to an owner of a Dodge Charger claiming a Porsche 911 GT3 Turbo is "sluggish". Absolutely bollocks, and no basis what so ever in fact.

There are so many owners of Linn sources in the HiFi and music industry you would be embarrassed to discover you should become part of the fringe instead of trashing it with your glib statements.

Sure there are plenty of other similar high performance brands but no one is high performance who makes "smeared" sounding products. That's just a ridiculous assessment.
I had the same impression of Linn. Many say they're stuck in the 80s.

Attacks on others as an attempt to cover up butt hurt apparently.

Top streamers like the Aurender you mention will give best results. I’ve tried many. I like and own Aurender, but also like Zenith and Auralic.
Never ceases to amaze me how grown men act like you’ve insulted their kids if you don’t like their Hifi 😂

Post removed