Sagging Voice Coils?

I was just reading a thread on AA where someone mentioned that one should rotate bass drivers to prevent the voice coils from sagging. It sounds like a problem for geriatric speakers, but is there any truth to this?
bojack
Post removed 
These were built in the '90s, and they knew about the sag problem then. [http://www.roger-russell.com/xl1w.htm]
You might notice; that article, and it's accompanying remedies, addresses downward facing woofers only(as in some subwoofers). Many of which have heavy cones and/or long excursion(some double) coils. The effect of that type of sag would displace the voice coil, from it's centered/at rest position.
This isn't a theory, it's a fact. It's not like a cable type of discussion where people have different results, without any measurements to back it up. It's just like people put their classic cars on blocks to keep the springs from sagging. The spider and surrounds on the speaker are it's suspension. And gravity does pull them down, whether their forward, or downward firing. There is evidence of it around the world, not just theory. It's not something that comes out of the minds of bored audiophiles. I imagine if you ask any one that recones vintage speakers, they will probably have seen one that has damage from the voice coil, or former rubbing, do to sag. I have seen it visually, and felt it moving the cones.