High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Usually statements like these are made by people who do not like tweaking.  So they make something silly up.  The power supply in that amp is way away from the back panel.  The power supply (a switching one) is completely self protecting......it shuts off if there is over current/over voltage, too high of temperature, DC offset, etc..  Also there is a fuse on the power supply.  There is no "fire hazard".....same with having cotton covered wires inside.  If you don't understand or like something....then attack it......the ego says.  The heart says....what does this do?  Maybe I don't know everything.  Maybe I should keep my mind open till I have tested this with my ears.
So, uh, why can't anyone ever describe what their mind-blowing revelatory class D amp sounds like vs what linear amps they own? I do that all the time.
I have first watt J2 and F6 and also have Theta Prometheus class D 400 watt monos.  About as polar opposite as you can go.  I have great thoughts of both he first watt and Theta.  For sure class D can sound good anyone who lays a blanket statement over class D amps sounding bad period just ignore them.  Find out for yourself.  There are many pluses to them namely that they don't heat the damn house up.  I don't care in the winter but in the summer hot amps are a drag.  Can't be a tree hugger and love class A can you? maybe you can do carbon offsets to make up for it!  Also all this stuff about Michael Fremer being a shill for PS Audio I'm sure these keyboard warriors on Audiogon Forums are so enlightened I'd put a lot of faith in what they say.  
....yup, devolved into a variant of the old 'IC/speaker/AC line type/taste squabble.....with random snipes...*sigh*
Try using a wooden j-box in your house and telling the electrical inspector he is an idiot because the wires inside it are insulated.

There is no "fire hazard".....same with having cotton covered wires inside.

... It won't work with the safety inspector nor UL, ENEC, etc.

All those protections on the supply are not definitive protections from catastrophic events. There is a reason why electrical products are encased in metal or fire retardant plasics.