Aeris speakers amp

I've been lurking here for a while and have gained some appreciated valuable information. I have ordered new Aeris speakers with the Wavelet. I currently have a PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp and amp (70wpc stereo). I tried out the amp on an old set of original Legacy Focus speakers and found it was not up to the task. I then biamped the speakers with the PL driving the upper end and it seemed to just do the job. The Aeris has larger drivers on the top end and I cannot find an impedance plot to ascertain how much below 4 ohms they go. Since the Wavelet is also a preamp, I am considering sending the PL preamp back and get another PL amp to run in mono. I like the sound of the PL with the Focus and like the triode mode for some recordings. The only other amps I have for comparison is PS Audio M700's and some old PS Audio 250 Delta's. I prefer the sound of the PL over those. My other thought was to get a set of PS Audio BHK 300's but would consider others. Any advice and/or opinions for amplification would be appreciated.
steveindy
I hoped by this time I could be enjoying my new speakers but that is not the case.I totally understand issues relating to the time we are living in but this is bordering on ridiculous. Originally was told delivery would be 4-5 weeks. I am now going into week 8. I received a few status updates that made it sound that completion was eminent but alas,none of the estimated times came to fruition. Last update was that they would ship last Monday or Tuesday but the shipping info didn't make it to FedEx until Thursday. They were picked up Thursday and made a tour of the Chicago area until Friday night before making it to the Kansas City area on Saturday. They took a tour of the Kansas City area and stayed there for 4 days. Now the tracking info shows an exception and a delay with no updated delivery date. Sheeeeesh!
I guess it wouldn't be so bad except I put my old Focus speakers on Craigslist right away. To my surprise they sold in 2 days. I have been without any music except for an old system out int the garage. 
Oh well, cest la vie! Sort of takes the fun out of it........
I guess I'm reading all the opinions wrong. The prevailing opinion is that you need alot of power. I don't think a small tube amp is what they are talking about. I own a PrimaLuna 400 and it's great but I doubt its right for that speaker. Try some JC1. They drive anything and everything. The Wavelet processor seems to be a given with the Aeris. I'm not sure why people buy the Aeris is they aren't interested in the processor. 
bubba12
   I've decided to sit pat and try the PL and see what it does. It only has to drive the upper end as the bottom is powered. The wavelet has analog inputs and can be used as a preamp or just for DSP. I decided on the Wavelet as my room sorely needs it and room treatment is not possible due to WAF. I will be trying out all permutations to see which sounds the best to me. I plan on taking some time  to decide about amplification. Legacy stated that the upper end is around 98db at 2.83v and only dip down to 3.8 ohms. I guess my ears will tell me if I should stick with tubes or go back to SS.
I see you have the Goldenear Reference speakers with a Mcintosh amp. I had a home demo with those (I must say Goldenear was most accommodating in that).
I thought they were fine sounding speakers and liked the fact that the bottom end was powered. Switched back and forth to my old Focus speakers and my impression was the Goldenears were better on the top end but the Focus with the 3 12" woofers outperformed it in the bass department. I was driving them with the PSA M700 monos I had at the time. For me the Goldenear was more of a step sideways instead of up. 
Do you ever use the PL on your speakers? How does it compare to the Mcintosh?

@steveindy
I have the Focus SE’s and was going to try the M700’s. I decided to compare the Legacy PowerBloc2 vs. my Plinius A/B amp and decided I liked the Plinius better. The PowerBloc was a good amp and I was impressed with it but the A/B in my opinion outperformed it. I can see class D for bass drivers but not top end. How were the M700’s?