Name a few albums which helped determine your musical tastes

How about a short list of albums that shaped your listening from early on in your life?

Not just albums that became favorites (though they could be now). Let's call them historical turning points for you that shaped you as a listener, now.

Me:
  • Quadrophenia or Who's Next
  • Sgt Peppers Beatles
  • Floyd, Wish you were here
  • Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick
  • Metheny, Offramp
  • Glenn Gould, Goldberg variations
  • Joni Mitchell, Court and Spark
GO!
128x128hilde45
Well blow me over with a feather.

I figured with this hi-fi lot it would jazz city up the wahzoo.

What a pleasant surprise.
@mdalton Thanks for your list and the vignettes, too. Very sorry for your loss.

I was a grad student in Austin and saw a lot of great local and national acts there. I saw Lyle Lovett and his large band at the Paramount in June 1993, and saw him at Kerbey Lane cafe that summer, too. 
Your lists sound like the bulk of my record collection. I have scads of these albums listed here, but cannot fathom the mindset that led to the dearth of classical and jazz, especially jazz.  Are musicians mainly the jazz lovers?  Maynard Ferguson: Sextet, and Live at Jimmy's. Lots of Coltraine and Miles!  ELLA! for CHRIST SAKE, so to speak.  My first jazz album: Quincey Jones Quintessence, which I have not heard for over a half century.  Gotta dig that one out!  PLUS: Chase.  Chicago Transit Authority. JJ's Pearl.  Red Hot Chili Pepper's Stadium Arcadium, especially the Blue CD. Don Ellis:  Live in 11/3 time or was it 11/7?   DIZZY's All Star (non0North) Ameican Band, with Arturo Sandoval.  D to D albums; Harry James, Rosie O'Grady's Good Time Jazz Band.  ad infinitum
@danvignau
I have scads of these albums listed here, but cannot fathom the mindset that led to the dearth of classical and jazz, especially jazz.

To help you fathom, people are not listing what they think is *best* or *most worthy, musically* because that’s not the question posed in the OP.

Because people are listing the music that first set them off as music lovers, chances are they were exposed early on (early teens or before) to rock or pop, not jazz or classical.

What I really wondered was how did this audiophile group all get influenced by rock music, and not jazz.  I do understand that tastes evolve, but my band mates and I were always into jazz and did not embrace rock for a long time.  Maybe, the big amps needed for electric instruments had an influencece on who became an audiophile.