Okay, How Important Is Speaker Break In? (Dynaudio Contour 60i)

I have been running 25+ year old B&W Matrix 803 S2 speakers in my 2-channel system for about 15 years, and I finally treated myself to new speakers.  Mock me for buying based on research alone, but I got a really good deal and just unpacked my beautiful Dynaudio Contour 60i's.  The Dyn's are not broken in, just starting to play around with different songs, but I am expecting an improvement out of the box, and not getting it.  They are no more revealing, and slightly harder and more jangley in the mids and highs.  The bass is of course much better with the big Dyns, but the B&Ws with the Dyn Sub6 subwoofer I was running were better.  I have very good equipment so it is not a matter of driving bigger speakers (ARC Ref preamp and Bryston 7bSST2 monoblocks).  Unless speakers get A LOT better with break in, I thinking these Dyns may be converted back into cash.   Thoughts? Thanks.
mathiasmingus
OP,
Yes they need breaking in.  One to three hundred hours for most, but that will bring out mostly subtle improvements.  For this reason, I agree with miller.  If you aren’t wowed from the beginning, send them back!  
All the best.

JD
Okay, update......BREAK IN IS FOR REAL!!! - certaintly with these speakers.  Contour 60i's are some very nice speakers.  Detail is excellent, bass is excellent, soundstage is excellent, mid-range....is almost there.  There are moments when I could say there is a touch of hardness or tinniness at appreciable volume, but increasingly fewer and more muted.  These are calming down nicely, and becoming commanding and enjoyable.  Can't say enough about the bass.  In Eric Clapton MTV unplugged, Tears in Heaven, there is a very soft kickdrum beat that is quiet, yet crisp and visceral at the same time...very nice finesse on the bass.  And I am only around 30 hours in.  Thanks again for all your help.
I think you are describing the ‘tilt’ in speaker sound that many manufacturers are leaning towards. 
The Brystons won’t be helping. Try an ARC power amp - much smoother and more natural in mid / high frequencies.

They sound beautiful with Dynaudio, although the bass will be a touch softer, but in a very pleasant way.
My ARC preamp made a big step up in soundstage from Bryston BD26.  I imagine nice ARC amps would round out this system, but so many tubes....and a big price tag to get the effortless power of solid state.  I wonder if there are SS amps that would adjust in the right direction...Halo JC1?  The search for the next tweak goes on......