Excellent Power Supply Solution

In case you haven’t noticed, it’s very hard to find a good, affordable DC power supply from a U.S. dealer. I wanted a 12 volt 3.5 amp model for a Netgear router.  The quality linear power supplies are considerably more expensive than the router. But, then I stumbled upon an interesting product from Waveform Lighting. They offer a $49 DC power supply for strip lighting purposes. The 12 volt model can handle up to 10 amps and 100 watts. I do not know the technical details on how it works, but the description states “very low ripple and noise.” It also has overload voltage protection. The DC cable is 16 AWG wire.  A nice feature is that you can attach an audio grade power cable with a C7 connector. I used a Shunyata Venom cord. 

The unit did add a noticeable increase in sound quality. A little more clarity, more lifelike vocals and less harshness  in the upper treble. If you have a 12 volt modem, router or switch, give the Waveform Lighting DC power supply a listen. Here is the link: https://store.waveformlighting.com/collections/power-supplies-and-dimmers/products/filmgrade-12v-24v...
boakey39
@cakyal, have you ever noticed the difference in noise-floor and SQ between a SMPS and a LPS in an audio system?

And regarding routers, they emit RFI which is found throughout the entire chain from the outside cable tie-in to inside the house.

Just keep your digital gear & SMPS type psus and walwarts AWAY from your analog gear. That is all you need to do. They may affect your analog gear but they will have NO effect on your digital stuff, especially on your home router.

It actually has to be on it's own dirty circuit. Above 115, just noisy as could be. 110-115.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I thought the thread was noise from a PS (add all the foot notes you like)

Thanks OP, as I said, I have to had a dirty circuit for my router and it seems to get rid of ALL my noise. 

I understand if a PS looks better on a scope, it normally is quieter than one that isn't. You're (OP) saying every bit has a potential to help, (I agree), but not harm, if you use a DC PS 12-24VDC.

I say there is an added benefit (I hope) for ME, getting rid of a noisy PS and a GL gadget at the same time, replacing the PS with a better performer, at least from a scope perspective.

My systems are combined, digital and analogue. ZERO floor noise. Nothing worse than a noisy system.  I love the fix, TURN IT UP.. LOL

Turn a system up to 100% nothing playing, what do you hear? Get next to the speakers. What do you hear? That is the measure of a quiet system...

Thanks OP

Regards
Using some of the logic here, everyone would throw away their linear power supplies that go with their music streamers. After all, streaming music is digital and bits are bits, right?

Every audiophile forum should have a special “Snake Oil” thread for people who don’t think cables, power cords and power supplies can improve sound. Let the serious audiophiles pursue their passion in the regular threads. As for using quality, filtered power supplies on modems and routers, you often get the advantage of using better than stock AC power cords. I use mostly Shunyata cords in my system, and they improve the sound, regardless of which components I attach them to.

One last thought. This very forum has several previous threads with thoughtful and helpful comments on DC power supplies. I have found that some of the better quality, but still affordable ones have a detachable brick with a C7 AC cord connector, like the ones from Waveform Lighting.