Is Modern Jazz an Oxymoron?

I am a huge jazz fan and 90% of my listening time is listening to instrumental jazz artists from the classic jazz era of 1950's to 1970's. Excluding jazz singers and a few more recent jazz artist who play classic jazz style I can't stand modern jazz.

My question to jazz fans is if it is my limitation or is this a common thing amongst classic jazz fans? Or did you finally come around and learned to appreciate modern jazz? If so which artists?
128x1281extreme
"Is modern jazz an oxymoron?"

No, but smooth jazz is a misnomer. It's neither smooth, nor jazz.
Orpheus, I cannot overstate my jealousy about seeing Coltrane live. What you say about Muriel Grossman resonates with me. I was very happy to have found her recently, and she makes me excited for the state of things, jazz wise.  And yeah, the Brahja is wild - came on my radar because of Sam Shilabi's involvement (I'm in Montreal and he was in a ton of bands around here over the years. Killer oud player.)
Chris Potter and any band he plays with, especially Dave Holland groups.  My biggest pet peve has already been mentioned...so many young guys have come out NEC and Berkley where they learned to meld classical music with jazz.  Yuck!  Combining the two is an art form, but it is not jazz or classical.  Maybe it is Clazz...