Focal Diablo / Utopia III breakin really long?

I've purchased a new pair of Focal Diablos. When the speakers were first installed for a day or so they were good though the midland and up had a pretty coherent image. After the first few days they really lost some life, weird. I was warned that this would occur and the magic would reappear after break in but I didnt really expect this. This pair now has around 300 hrs on them. I don't know how many music hours it will take for them to break in and open up. Any Diablo or other Utopia series III owners out there that have experienced this?
Placing them face to face with one speaker hooked up in reverse polarity will result in the acoustic cancellation of most of the sound. The blanket just takes it a step further. When implemented you can turn the volume up real loud, have the drivers pumping and have very little acoustic output. A tried and true way to break-in a pair of loudspeakers.
Tom6897 - After a bit more thought, I retract my snarky remark.

I'm guessing that the reason for connecting one speaker out of phase and facing them towards each other is to maximize on sound cancelation (e.g. Bose and Borla Exhaust). Where my brain is now spinning is wondering if having the speaker facing each other while out of phase (i.e. one driver going in while the other is coming out) actually would couple them again? Maybe side by side facing the same direction would yield better results?
Suffering the same.  Sounded best between days 2 and 12.  Now, for last few days it is unpleasing.  Sounds harsh/bright/edgy when I turn it up to live levels.  Driving with PrimaLuna EVO 400 separates.  500+ hours?  100 days of 5 hours / day.  Seems crazy. 
??When will it get back to sounding at least as good as it did between days 2 and 12??
Thanks!