suggestion for a SS class AB amp that sounds like a class A ... if such a thing exists

Looking for an amplifier below 2K for my Altec 620A (99 db efficiency). My actual amp is a Sugden A25B, which has 34 watts/chanel in class AB. Although quite musical, it lacks transparency and details. Of course, the best amplifier would be tube or class A but I'm trying to avoid these because of the heat and the electricity bill (my amp is on all day long). My short list include :

• Audio by Van Alstine Set-120
  • Ayre AX 7e (used)
  • Sugden Mystro (class AB)
  • Benchmark AHB2 (used)

NOTE : please, no class D since I'm not familiar with it (and pretty skeptic too).
128x128alaindexe
@soix @decooney @onhwy61 I just changed the cable going from the DAC to the Sugden and it did make quite a difference... next step, the cross overs... but that’s gonna take a bit more time... thx all...
@alaindexe
next step, the cross overs...

FYI, for some added inspiration - peeking over on the DIYaudio site, members were commenting about before and after results from upgrading and refreshing the old Altec 604/620 crossovers with GPA crossovers and replacement parts. Quote, "it added a sense of spaciousness and clarity to the speakers", unquote.
@decooney I hear you... I used to have very good cross overs that a friend did for me, when I had Altec Stonehenge III (also with a 604 8G)... they we’re made with oil condenser and military grade parts and weighed about 20 pounds each... they we’re SO MUCH better then the junk that came with the 620A... I’ve been missing them greatly ever since... I sold the Stonehenge III because the inner volume of the enclosure wasn’t sufficient... I had to sell the cross over as well in order to get the money to buy the 620A... it was heart breaking because I built them myself (they were grooved)... but the 620A are MUCH better since they have the perfect volume for the 604 8G...
I have an Audio Analogue Puccini Settanta Rev 2.0 that compares very favorably to the class A amps I currently own (Line Magnetic, First Watt). It is by far the most euphonic solid state integrated I’ve had (others would say “colored”), extremely warm and rich in the midrange. Not the last word in transparency, of course.

A brand that flies under the radar here in the states, but a beautiful sounding amplifier IMO.   Hand made in Italy, first rate build quality.