Does Power Cord Require Burn-In To Sound Good?

I recently bought a new power cord but there isn’t much difference in sound quality between this new cord and the previous Wireworld Elektra 7 which it replaces. The cords are used on the DAC.

Any ideas if the cord needs to burn in to open up and sound better? It currently has about 5 hours on it and I think I prefer the sound quality of the previous cord which costs 10 times cheaper.

Any thoughts appreciated.
ryder
Any ideas if the cord needs to burn in to open up and sound better?

Five years minimum....

Please consider it just as my personal experience....
Strip the ends off each end if you have any. Put the cable in a bbq , moderate heat, lid down and bake for 3/4 hours.

LET IT COOL

Scribe an arrow at on end or the other. Reassemble the plugs if they came with it.

Use the arrow to align the cable.......

😁🇦🇺
“Auditory hallucinations can be obtained for the price of a coat hanger.”
Truer words were never spoken (or posted).
I love this crap..........

Where I've heard a very clear and distinct difference:
RCA cables

Where I've heard no discernable difference:
Balanced cables.
Speaker cables.
Power cords.
Any manner of tweaking or lifting cables.

Just my experience with MY SYSTEM.

Regards,
barts
I acquired a SR Power Conditioner on the used market.  Considering what I paid for it, I was greatly underwhelmed with any if at all improvement over the one it replaced.  I figured, "Live and Learn" and worked hard not to fret over the wasted money.  About 7 - 10 days later the sound improvement was bizarrely much better.  I mean, it was like I had a different system!  This, I never would have believed until I experienced it first hand.