Women who enjoy quality speakers

In my former marriage i was introduced to high end audio by my husband.

At the time the endless visits to highend shows , meetings and shops annoyed me. Tech talk and not very female friendly designs came and went in my living room.

And although i couldnt get used to all of the above, one thing i learned , how to listen.

Now years further , in my second marriage quality audio wasnt a very well know topic of my husband working in tech. Mediocre cheaper hifi dominated the house, which looked even worse and sounded even a lot worse.

When we talked about new speakers and bang and olufsen was mentioned i knew i had to educate him , to let him know whats on the market and how things can sound.

The revelation ended in buying avalon speakers and simular quality equipement and cables.

Now its up and running i really enjoy music again!

Who would have thought that!

I have never seen a lot of other women enthousiastic about quality sound and music. Are there any in this group? Do your wifes experience the same as i did?

Wishing you all a very musical festive season,

A very happy wife,

Jasmine

djasmine
Thanks for posting djasmine. Reading your post and most of the responses brought some joy to my life today. Especially oldhvymec, which also brought good tears.

My wife of 22+ years, who has better ears than I, enjoys the hell out of our audio journey, and has contributed greatly to our combined audiophile enjoyment.
"...if a woman does exactly the same thing, she is getting paid less."

"If women get paid less for exactly the same work, why is anyone hiring men?"

(an unprovoked question by a 13-year-old girl while walking an unknown city on vacation)
My wife has never bought audio equipment. I brought it into our marriage, the 2nd for both of us. 

But she had some 1960s LPs! (That sweetened the deal! LOL!)

So after setting up our new home, I had approval to set up the audio equipment. It was when I played her LPs that she became an enthusiastic listener. She had never heard her old records sound like this. Otis Reading, Supremes, Cream, CCR, etc.

Now, when we’re sitting in the LR, and she turns off the TV, gives me “the look”, I know I’m getting “lucky” tonight!!!

Yup! Time to spin some LPs!!
Most men don't care about quality audio either, so let's say, most people. They like "music" and so long as it's what they like, they aren't concerned about the sound quality, just the song.

I believe people are generally average in tastes and perception, but much of this is learned behavior by conformity. Everything is "ok" and therefore is sufficient. Some percentage will develop deeper interest in something, food, beer, cars, music, film, books, etc. and become more discriminating in their thing of choice. But societal norms and pressures skew a lot hence cars are a "guy" thing and sewing is a "girl" thing. People end up letting those norms dictate their lives consciously or not, unfortunately. Others follow their hearts regardless, man or woman and pursue happiness.I

Moral of the story, open your mind to everything and enjoy what you like, not what society says or thinks you should.