Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
As contented owner of Def2s, just a couple of things. Firstly, I've always loved the 'tone dense' sound of the Def2s, even though this is at the expense of best possible treble extension; so is the new Radian tweeter on the Def4s an improvement in this area?
Secondly, the massive bass output of the Def2s have led to room nodes issues, but I've been able to better integrate bass from the speakers into my room using the SpatialComputer Black Hole attenuator. Does the use of the single downward firing sub really improve upon the 4 rear firing drivers of the 2s?
Regards, Marc
I have also owned the Def 2 and truthfully they are an absolute steal for the money. They are not perfect but the things they do well they do very well. The Definition Mk4 is a different level and in my opinion competes very nice against any speaker in the $50K-$100k area. To answer both your questions; yes and yes. The Definition Mk4 is a different level and after owning much more expensive speakers I prefer the Definition Mk4. I will not go into the sound because that will be dependent on your equipment and cables but for me this is the best all around speaker I have heard.
Gsm18439 - the rear firing base array is not replaced as part of the Mk III upgrade. One other item of note is Zu said they would only be doing the Mk III upgrades until this fall.
I agree 100%. However, the Def III gets the new hypex amps and it looks like the same bass control package as the Def IV. I have to believe these will result in some improvements to the bass of Def II. I do not expect it to be as good as the Def IV. If 213cobra had the fully modified IIIs he will be able to provide the perspective I am looking for, if he chooses to post.