adcom equipment.....

this might have been posted before, but has anyone heard or know anything about the new adcom line.  that, 575se model intrigues me at that price point.

kennesawjet
Happy holidays, now that we're past Christmas.  My aim has changed as the 565se owner didn't get back to me.  I made an offer on a 555ms here that got accepted, so I'll probably get my hands on it in the next couple of weeks.

I remember a poster here who had one and was happy with it, but my main curiosity is the sound signature and whether it's neutral or forward sounding.  It reaches unity power at 1.25 volts, so should be a good fit in my home theater being fed by a Denon avr to my front speakers.  

But I plan to put it through its paces first in the 2 channel rig.  I'll report once I get some time on it.
Well, another year and for me, another Adcom!  I almost bought the 565SE last year and it's been in the back of my mind, though I've been happy with the 555MS.  

But I always wonder what if, and found a pretty good price on BNIB.  I probably won't have it for a couple of weeks, but I'll try to give my impressions then.  
So the 565SE came in a little bit early and I’ve been burning it in.  I have about 6 hours on it so far.  This amp is the little brother to the 575SE, according to Adcom.  Same topology which differs from the 555 SE AND MS, and I’ve had both of those. 

But the 565 is a different animal for sure.  It feels like the power is limitless compared to the 555 MS, and the sound is starting to come into its own.  Female vocals are a high point already!  I’d like to put 50 hours on it and then we’ll see if it’s most of the way there.

My speakers are recent too, some energy CF-70 that I got for a song on Black Friday.  They are not the equal of my Tannoys and Totems, but can handle the 250 wpc, and do bass pretty well.  More to come...
Remember visiting my brother in law in 1992 or 1993, in orland park, Il.  A small very nice shop “simply stereo”
ran by two of the most relaxed and nice guys, mike and joe.
   Knowledgeable and straight shooters, no push to buy, auditioned for me everything I asked.

Had the adcom mono blocks hooked to the klipsch corner horns, that was bad, searing highs, bad!
 Switched to a pair of paradigm towers, and it was great!

Choose wisely!

Enjoy the hunt. 
 I would try them, do they have a trial, 30 days or something?
find out.
if u don’t like them, return.

I always wanted those adcom amps, but $ was my issue.      Ended up buying the onkyo m504, which i blew up,a few years later.
As far as I know, there is a dealer that has an ad on audiogon that offers a money back guarantee if you don’t like the amp.  I’m not going to give them a plug though, it’s easy enough to find the dealer.

At the end of the 80’s I remember drooling over Adcom adverts in the Stereo Review magazine, but I was a poor student and never saw them on the shelf until I bought my first in 2000.  I loved that amp...