B&W 801D or 802Ds

Basically, I would like your impressions of both of these speakers. I have gone out and heard them, but not side by side, and either one would be a most excellent choice. However, I would like to know from owners of these speakers what are the strengths and weaknesses of the 2.

I do prefer the big woofers of the 801D, but the 802D might have tighter bass. Also, I've looked for the 801Ds and I haven't found them anywhere on the used market. Not even here on Audiogon this summer.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the discussion.
dave_72
Thanks, Mr_m for sharing your experience. I have no problem with distance from the side walls...the back wall distance gets a little problematic, but I plan on getting some Sonex for that.

What are your components and cables?
Dave 72. I use a Mac C-45 preamp and a Mac MC-402 power amp,high current 400 watts per side. Plenty of drive for the power these speakers need. CD player is Cambridge Audio Azur 840-C. Interconnects are Purist Audio Musaeus. Of all the interconnects I've used over the years these offered the best improvement for me to date. Get a nice deep wide soundstage and nice control of the diamond tweeters high freq. Also use MIT avt 1 bi-wire speaker cables, which as funds permit, may switch to Purist Audio speaker cables. I'm sure there are alot of people out there that would give you other gear recommendations, but as to what I had access to demo these pieces of gear gave me the overall best sound. Hope I've been of some help to you. Good luck!
Ok, cool. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Sounds like a great setup. Yes, you've helped.
I am sure you will be amazed with 802D. As the friend said with great eletronic and cable they will sound excellent. I would also try Siltech cables, and Krell for the amps. Matching with a good tube pre you´ll be in heaven :)