Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tomthiel,

All due respect, Thiels aren't bright at all. In fact, properly amplified, Thiels are a little on the dark side of neutral. I have 7.2's and 3.6's, and whenever people come over expecting to hear bright, harsh sound they are floored. And I tell them all the time, forget what you've ever heard about Thiel, 90% of the battle is getting the amplification right. Everything after that is season to taste. Thiels need pure muscle. Some amps have it and you just need to find one that sounds the way you want.
Not sure I would completely agree with the dark side of sounding neutral. But I will agree proper gear will award with superbly clear neutral sound.
bonedog -

I feel your pain, waiting for that once (maybe) in a lifetime combination of lust and price.  But if you run across a used ST85, don't turn up your nose.  With luck you may find one around $1k.  After all, you can ride the bus when the car breaks down, can't you?
:-) :-O

Harry
Hi everyone.
I am looking to bring my 2.3s up to date with any updated crossovers, driver surrounds etc. Where is this Coherent Source? Is it a shop that one can drop their speakers off to be upgraded? I would love to bring these speakers that I have owned for 20 yrs to a new level of performance. Thanks for any info you can help me with.
Bruce