Tube rolling with Quicksilver Mono 60s -- from KT77 to KT88? KT 120? etc.

Happy Turkey Day!  I have Quicksilver 60 Monos and I'm using Gold Lion KT77s. They sound great. The amp came with JJ KT88s and they were a bit bright/harsh. The GL 77s are better.

For variety's sake, I'm thinking of having another set to just try for variation. The monos can use KT77, KT90, KT88, KT120 or KT150 outputs.

I have heard the Gold Lion KT88s are great tubes, but I'd also be open to others (not more 77s, though).

Does anyone one have a sense of the kinds of sound changes might be brought by either KT90 or better KT88 or KT120 or KT150s?

If it matters, I'm using a QS Line stage and stand mount speakers, 8 ohm 87 db.

One thing I'm looking for (possibly) is a somewhat tighter bass, but I'd be open to hearing what other sonic changes might result from other tubes.

Thanks.

128x128hilde45
Post removed 
@tvad There's no way I'd spend more than $250 on this quad. I'd buy the re-issue not NOS.
@yogiboy
@decooney My friend has the QS 120 amps and he has used KT88 tubes with those amps. It states this in the QS M120 manual!
Mono 120 for web (quicksilveraudio.com)

@yogiboy
IF they are the latest Mono 120s with the large transformers, have your friend call or email Mike Sanders at Quicksilver asap, and ask again, directly. Believe me, I’ve pushed it with him multiple times, fwiw. Other info...

Originally, I tried to order my Mono 120s with GL KT88s. Nope. Talked to Mike 3 separate times pushing him to share more, he keeps telling me "NO", no KT88s in my Mono 120s. I took his advice, fwiw. Says they will burn up, prematurely.

Tuning with KT150s:
And, once I got the right mid-1960s vintage dual triode Mullard "blackburn" factory 12AU7 and 12AT7 input/driver tubes, the KT150s sing now. More like a smooth KT88 sound with more depth in the sound stage and more power, dynamics.  Also tried the latest PSVANE small tubes too, a bit more midrange forward compare to the vintage Mullards.  The new Mono 120s needed a better pair of small tubes up front to precede the KT150s. Now I would not go to KT88s anyhow for the latest Mono 120s amps, even if Mike would permit it. . Once I changed coupling caps to high end Mundorf Silver-Golds, the synergy was amazing with the KT150s and Mullard small tubes up front. Super nice now.

Preamp:
They deserve a really good preamp. Now running a 6SN7 full Triode Cary SLP-98 preamp in front of the Mono 120s.  The updates to the Mono 120s and a good preamp in front of them brings them to an entirely new level. 
With the updates, I'd now put them up against the $20K KT150 Conrad Johnson monos all day long.  

The new Mono 120s have huge transformers, look for the big transformers, larger than prior version QS amps. fyi.

hilde45
No one has said a word about KT90s....

Bleh.  Stay with GL KT77s or for your upgrade, go with GL KT88s or TS KT120s instead vs. KT90 IMO.   
@decooney
Thanks for the information. I wonder why the manual says that the KT88 can be used? BTW, I use the KT88 with my QS Silver 70 amps and Mike told me that can also use the KT 150 if I wanted to give them a try. This is from the M120 manual! 
Tube Complement 1 - 12AU7, 1 - 12AT7 2 - KT88 or KT150