Tube rolling with Quicksilver Mono 60s -- from KT77 to KT88? KT 120? etc.

Happy Turkey Day!  I have Quicksilver 60 Monos and I'm using Gold Lion KT77s. They sound great. The amp came with JJ KT88s and they were a bit bright/harsh. The GL 77s are better.

For variety's sake, I'm thinking of having another set to just try for variation. The monos can use KT77, KT90, KT88, KT120 or KT150 outputs.

I have heard the Gold Lion KT88s are great tubes, but I'd also be open to others (not more 77s, though).

Does anyone one have a sense of the kinds of sound changes might be brought by either KT90 or better KT88 or KT120 or KT150s?

If it matters, I'm using a QS Line stage and stand mount speakers, 8 ohm 87 db.

One thing I'm looking for (possibly) is a somewhat tighter bass, but I'd be open to hearing what other sonic changes might result from other tubes.

Thanks.

128x128hilde45
Wait until these are released
https://primalunablog.com/2020/10/30/tung-sol-kt170/

You can be one of  the first to report on sonics. Should be a turbo charged KT150.
The KT150's get positive reviews. Just not much info on them yet.
Tighter Bass?. That’s not going to be an EL34. The KT88 is one of the best BASS valves. They are known for just that. I think the brand you were using and the signal valves, are the least expensive, and the better combos. KT88s in Solvex, GL (expensive), but JJ (yuk) in a KT88 not my first pick. That being said. The signal valves are the key to really making a KT88 sound BETTER.

I would put the JJs back in and roll the signal valves. Tellies, GOOD Black Plate RCAs, Amperex. STAY away from Sylvania, PSVANE, GEs (can be all over the map, but there are good valves)

You selected a good valve (KT77) for MidBass, great mids, and wonderful highs they just don’t do BASS duty well without some serious consideration in the speaker department.

KT90s are a consideration, again the key for me with a KT90 was the signal valve. My units that use KT90 ALL do better with GREAT signal valves. Put some so so signal valve in front of them, they sound harsh, sharp, bloated mids, boiling highs. The right signal, valves.. Night and day.. BUT I still think a good KT88 for the money. You can’t beat it.

120, 150s. Never used the valves, of the two the 150 is getting the better reviews, would I try them, yes.. Would I pay for them NO...

I’ve used 450, 750, and 1200 watt valve amps..ALL KT88/90 base.
FOR the $$$$$ you can’t beat them..

AND a Happy Turkey Day to you and yours. Now turkey sandwich day for me.. My favorite!

Regards
Thank you, folks. And special thanks to you oldhvymec for the time you took with your post. I'm tempted to get the GL KT88s but may I ask a question? When you say "signal valve" what do you mean? I'm a bit new to this stuff. 

In my rig I have two tubes in my line stage -- are those the signal valve?

Otherwise, in my mono amps, I have (starting from the rca input plug) (a) an input and (b) a driver tube before I get to (c) two output tubes.

So which is the "signal" tube you're suggesting I play with?

Thanks again and hope your holiday was festive!