Just received my new Luxman CL-1000 pre-amp.

Took the plunge and went for Luxman’s new flagship CL-1000 pre-amp. My preceding unit was the c900u and it’s as good everyone says. So what are my initial thoughts on the CL-1000 with less 20 hours on it: pure path into the music with a naturism only one who hears it will be able to understand how good it’s. Startling when the music matches its powers of emotion it can deliver on voices, drums and every instrument the recording has to offer. As good as the C900u is the CL-1000 is clearly a big step up! Only two complaints: no remote ( they didn’t want anything to interfere with their new SOTA
volume control) and no mute button. I can live with these minor inconveniences considering what it brings to the table. I’m not a dealer or associate with Luxman in anyway. I’ll keep posted updates on the unit once it has been fully broke in.
hiendmmoe
I own the MQ 300 and would love to get the CL 1000 as I think it’s a perfect match.
According to this thread:
https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?p=997830

The phono-stage in the CL-1000 is ported from the E-250, so I’m surprised it beats the EQ-500.

Congrats on your new get!
I just got my CL-1000 2 days ago and I have been listening to it with the MQ-300 driving Devore Super 9. I thought the difference with the CL- 38uSE was going to be subtle but it is actually very noticeable. Sound is richer more controlled and more detailed. I am using the phono section with a EMIA copper SUT.
The dac is TotalDac.
I recently got myself a CL1000 to run with my Zanden 6000 amplifier and Fleetwood speakers. All I can say is that it is a serious upgrade in terms of musicality from the C900U I had before. The C900 is awesome, but the CL1000 is like moving from digital to analog. There is just something more “real” about the sound. Additionally, it is amazingly quiet - absolutely zero tube noise whatsoever. Last night I was listening to Steely Dan Aja and was just amazed at the depth of the soundstage - the music sounded like it was coming from 10’ behind the speakers. 
My big question is - has anybody tried rolling the stock tubes in the CL1000? I usually like 60s Amperex the best and am trying to figure out what to put in. I know Luxman probably tests and only uses the best of the EC88CCs that they get on these, but my experience with upgrading tubes on their EQ-500 is that it made a much bigger difference than swapping cables. I’m certain a set of better tubes will only improve the CL1000. 
Any ideas appreciated, and I will check back in when I have experience with a set of new old tubes.