Amplifier suggestions please

Hi - I'm reworking a 2 channel system, had some very basic components and now trying to step up a bit.  DAC is currently a Schiit Yggy, I'm on the waiting list for a Freya+ which means I'll be running balanced connections.  Speakers are Philharmonic Audio 3's.  I was using a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L monoblocks (differential/balanced) but want to upgrade.  I could stay in the Schiit catalog and go with a pair of Vidar's but although there are no real bad reviews I feel like they don't quite get raved about like the Yggy does (and the Freya+ to some extent).  I'd like to stay around $2K, definitely under $3K and I prefer new (I've had my fill with trying used).  I know its asking a lot to find a pair of balanced monoblocks in this range so I'm not opposed to a stereo amp (XLR inputs).  I could also be talked into canceling my Freya+ order and switching to a preamp from the amp builder if there is better synergy in that pairing.  I've looked an Van Alstine and Odyssey, what else should I be looking at?

Thanks!
128x128jumper75
I'm bad with using all the buzz words correctly and coming from an entry level such as Emotiva I would hope my upgrade would be an improvement in all areas.  I do know I want good frequency response top to bottom as my Phil 3's are full range, I feel like I'm missing some punch in low end from the XPA-1L's and the highs tend to be a bit rolled off as well.  Lots of other variables go into that was well so I fully acknowledge factors such as the room, treatments, etc.  
The Parasound Halo A21+ was on Stereophile’s recommend list this year and street price falls into your range. I 
I've actually got a ton of experience with all generations of Emotiva amps.  I'm not pushing emotive.  It can be a great platform to modify/upgrade, but the stock amps can be bright.  The Gen 3 is not recommended because of switching power supply. 

That being said, those smaller 1L monoblocks do have some drawbacks.  They are indeed just a little weak on bass because they use a smaller 450VA transformer.  If you want bass, you want to look for an amp that has a big transformer and big power supply.

As far as the highs being rolled off, I bet your running this amp in "Class A" mode.  That mode helps reduce some of the bright/harsh stock sound, but it also softens the high frequency response.  It's a drawback on this particular amp.

Klaus over at Odyssey audio uses really small transformers in his amps (even the Kismet monoblock).  They are small 400VA transformers.  For upgrade, he just stacks them.  800VA is still not a lot.  So if you want big powerful full bass, I would not choose an Odyssey amp.

I wouldn't go for a pair of Vidar's either.  While you can bridge them to make a monoblock, they really don't do well at the lower impedances.  Actually, you should never really buy a stereo amp to bridge/monoblock them.  They aren't designed for that purpose.  I don't think the Vidar's are actually powerhouses either.

You could look at an ATI amplifier AT4002 amp.  They are true fully balanced amp designs.  For the AT4002 stereo 2 channel amp, each amp board has it's own transformer, so it's a true dual-mono (essentially two true monoblocks built into the same case).  I don't know how they will do on bass.  The transformers look larger than the 1L transformers, but I can't tell.  The retail for AT4002 is $2695.

The step up is the ATI AT6002.  These have much larger 900VA transformers (still not huge, but much better than what you have been using).  It's a more powerfully 300 watts, but it's likely out of your budget at $3595 retail.

The Van Alstine monoblocks might work, but they are getting expensive and I don't know their transformer size.  You might reach out to them and ask.
@samac  - by the way, your URL to the rotel page in Music Direct is malformed.

On the topic of Rotel, the Rotel RB-1590 is an absolutely excellent amp!  It's not a fully balanced/differential amp circuit (if that matters to you), but it's got an excellent sound.  It has a slightly warm texture to the sound, but very smooth and very good resolution.