Opinions of GoldenEar Triton 1

I'm moving to a larger house and want some new speakers.  In spite of the cheesy name the GoldenEar Triton 1 looks like an interesting candidate. It's been a long time since I listened to a ribbon tweeter but I remember liking them.  Will some of you who have experience with these speakers please comment on what you did and did not like about them?  Also, what other choices in that price range stand out as being a "bargain"?  
Thanks for your comments.
danoroo
@tubebuffer, 
I do know there is a dealer on Long Island that sells the GE.
Where in NJ are you going to?
B
Even though my main speakers are Ohms, I am fond of the GE line of speakers. I had a pair of Aon 2 bookshelves for several years which I recently traded in to get their BRX bookshelf speakers for my office. The BRXs use the mid-bass and tweeter from their Reference line and are a real step-up in clarity and refinement. At 90 dB efficiency, one doesn't have to buy a big power amp to run them. My main reference point for speakers is unamplified acoustic music and I find the GEs excellent in this regard -- they have a very natural sound. Their sweet spot is much smaller than my Ohms (though a small sweet spot is common for the majority of box speakers) but if you stay put where you need to be, then they do everything well. They are great buys for the money.
I driving to NJ from Chicago Monday in the evening so I can be around less people.  We are going to visit my wife elderly parents and I get to also spend time with her much shapely younger sister.  We go to Isilen Jersey, near train to NYC.  I dive my Mercedes van all the way- one day easy drive.