Analog vs digital?

Hi all! My first posting so please be gentle!
I've just had my old Linn LP12 turntable tuned up. It's been over 25 years since its had any attention. 
Nothing replaced just readjusted and I'm blown away by the result. 
It's so much more involving than the digital part of my system. 
Singxer SU-6, Denafrips Terminator. 
The Linn LP12 and  Ekos arm is over 30 years old.
I'm confused! 
Technology seems to be going backwards. Is it all for convenience? 
128x128nzastro
Thanks. 

What's happening in USA is BIG news here and we are all hoping things get sorted out sooner than later. 

My condolences to all whom have lost loved ones to covid. 

Wishing you all the very best. 

Welcome NZastro.
I too have an old Linn, although its my "3rd string" table.  And yet, i am firmly in the other camp - almost always prefer my digital ( and have among my DAC choices, a Denefrips, and not as expensive as yours).
That said i attribute much of my preference to the sorry state of most records.  Let's put aside specialty audiophile releases - i buy for music. And when i compare apples-to-apples CD (well, CD ripped FLAC to Roon....) to LP, the CD almost always wins. Why?  The album has so many flaws. Wear from too many playings in college. Crap pressings.  Poor mastering/mixing (often improved in remasters BTW), on and on.  great records can sound fantastic.
But great CDs too can sound fantastic. Oddy, many of my best are actually 50-years old 3-channel recordings done on stuff like Studer A-77s or custom-built rigs like Bob Fine made for Mercury LP.  Those are truly music with nearly none of the digital side effects. Ditto many old Verve and Blue Note stuff.
Apples to Apples i have compared myriad rock records and 99% of the time prefer the CD.  Years back that was not true.
If i was always playing some pristine, small-batch LPs - i might well prefer vinyl. But alas I don't, and like won't, unless many performers are coming back from the grave or some label decides that tiny markets are their thing. (oh, and I'm also not **re-** buying 100s of records at $40/ea either).
The fact that you have rediscovered how great analog *can* be is wonderful. Celebrate it. But if your LP12 truly beats your terminator on true apples to apples, i think you may have some issues in your digital playback. I cannot imagine what since i have no magic cables and no tweeks, just really well set up equipment, custom power supplies, proper impedance matching, blah blah.
I have always maintained that the recording determines the quality; next mastering, and all the stuff we agonize over comes in a distannt 3rd --> 10th.  You cannot make a bad recording sound good, and a  really great one is enjoyable over a Bluetooth speaker.
G
Once you take the time to appreciate the look and feel of a vinyl sleeve with the large pics and album info, you can't go digital. Music on any medium is more than just sound. Analog on vinyl is the full package. CDs are half way ok, count me out on anything streamed. Just me.
Choose the system that makes a piano sound like it is made from wood and the strings are hit with a felt pad.  If it sounds the least bit electronic  you know  you going down the wrong path!!!!

Enjoy the ride
Tom
Analog for chilled out, catching a buzz, smile on your face listening. Digital for convenience, adhd, going from 1 song to the next listening. Both have their place in the enjoyment of music. But for me, analog is the best. I just can’t beat my VPI. It’s so involving. Glad you’ve revisited your lp12.
A classic, great table.