How it works! From a common man.

How a boutique fuses changes the sound in a piece of equipment, and how (at least) one became directional.

How they made it directional. Yes SOME, very few, are made that way. I'll Explain what I found.

Why it works or NOT. This is NOT a fuse shoot out.  This is a, "WHY it works", Not "it just does", session. LOL

Everyone is welcome to help me figure out why it works, BUT why it doesn't, with a reason, is VERY welcome.

No name callin'.  Don't call folks liars, just state your personal learning extravaganza, HOW, and WHY.

We'll figure out WHY, and HOW it effects something.. Cause and Effect. NO PSYCHOBABBLE.

Big words hurt my head, keep it simple for us common folks if you would please.

I promise to be on my best behavior, maybe. :-)
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
Either that, or the ends are a thermal mass and the middle being the point furthest from being able to conduct heat away is where the heat builds up the most.
Post removed 

I decided to skip the whole fuse experimentation process and dove into, with the help of a carpenter and a surgeon friend, the entirely new, promising and exciting audio tweaking realm of head shaping and ear angles. 
     My carpenter friend has been using a very sharp wood door planer to alter the size and shape of both sides of my head,  My surgeon friend has been using precisely positioned stitches to alter the angle of both my ears in small 5 degree increments.  We began the experiment with my ears in their natural position, measured at an angle of .000036457 degrees in relation to the sides of my head, and have currently progressed to the 90 degree angle position. 
     But I know what many readers are probably thinking and please don't worry, we meticulously recorded all head shape and ear angle measurements along with my subjective sq impressions after each progressive adjustment.
     I may not look so good, my kids are scared of me and my wife left me 2 weeks ago.  But I really think we just might be on the verge of discovering something that perhaps may be slightly significant.
     Oh, who am I kidding?  This whole process is pointless and extremely painful, something on my head's constantly either hurting or bleeding, I oddly look hideous and ridiculous simultaneously and we haven't discovered a gosh darn iota of useful information.
     I've wanted to call it quits for weeks now.  But my friends are so obsessed with getting results that they now have me tied up to a chair and refuse to let me go.  Can somebody please help me?......  Anybody? 

Science sucks,
Tim     
Post removed 
I may not look so good, my kids are scared of me and my wife left me 2 weeks ago.

What's the downside?