Measuring TT Speed

In measuring my tt speed I am seeing the lines on the strobe bounce back and forth, not holding steady. This is a belt tt with a dc motor setup with a closed loop controller, and ideas on what can cause this? I am thinking the belt may be to tight, it is a new belt BTW...
jsman
I have yet to see actual W&F measurements for a DD table that is any better than most other tables. Published W&F measurements from the manufacturer, sure.
I replied to the OP already but I thought I'd add a comment about the calculations for platter speed from the KAB USA website. Please correct me if I have this wrong, but the platter speed calculation didn't mention that when the platter is running slow you have to account for it by either using a negative error, i.e., [1 + (-count/360)] x RPM, or, subtracting the error, i.e., [1 - (count/3600)] x RPM.
Tom
Lewm, I used a strobe for decades and whatever error is involved is is meaningless sonically. Watching your telephone spin has a hypnotic effect particularly after a few gummies.

Well guys thanks for all the replies with some help from above and you guys I have it sorted out now, thanks....