Audio Research Sold

The McIntosh Group has just sold Audio Research to the TWS Enterprise LLC.  It will be interesting what direction ARC will go in under it's new ownership.
luxmancl38
It’s all about capitalization to maintain quality and service. I just took delivery of a Ref Phono 3SE and line 1 had an inoperative R channel despite the customary QC card stating full working order. The build quality on the new series is good but not exemplary. My 160S meters failed and to their credit ARC replaced the entire amp (now 160B) which has new meters from a new supplier (I was told). I have been a steady ARC customer since 1979, and I wish them well, but the sale/takeover/management change suggests loss of capital which in the current economic climate does not bode well. My most recent ARC experience is not fully reassuring either.
Audio Research has a terrible customer service. I tried to contact them a few times, but was so disappointed. I won't consider buying Audio Research again.
One of the potential issues for all high end buyers in this market is the ongoing viability of the company/manufacturer that they are investing in. Many (most?)  of the high end audio companies are really just small potatoes when it comes to production capability and company size. One bad circumstance/business disruption can and will put them down quickly ( and permanently!). It is a risk that I think most of us realize and will have to be ok with going forward, IMHO.
Will only consider used vintage gear. Can’t stand the cheap look of the latest components.  I don’t care how great they sound
5k happy trouble free hours on the new cheap looking 5se…….

called customer service the other day for small signal matched set, easy as pie and my local dealer got a slice……