Looking for more detail in a speaker

Kind of a long first post but needed the space to set up my situation. 
I decided to do something about my speaker situation after demoing a pair of B&W 805d’s. One of the tracks played was Sympathy for the Devil. At the beginning of the song, a percussion instrument, either a guiro or cabasa, just popped out at me on the left speaker. I’ve heard that song a million times but never noticed that percussion instrument coming at me like that. I came home and played the track through my system, through my streamer and turntable. My speakers are Golden Ear Triton One’s. That same presentation just isn’t there like with those 805’s.
The GET1’s are certainly decent speakers; are they not designed for this type of detailed presentation? Is it my room? My listening room is a odd shaped man attic with a 3.5’ wall on one side with an 8’ wall on the other side peaking a 9’ in the middle. My listening position is about 17’ from the speakers.  I’m sure the room is acoustically challenged. Also, I have a long speaker wire run, like 40’. Does that contribute to the lack of detail? I figured out a way to trim about 15’ of speaker wire length from each run and plan to do that ASAP. I’m using AudioQuest construction rated wire. I believe they’re 14 gauge.
So, why not buy the 805’s? I’ve thought seriously about them but concerned they’ll be kind of small for my room. Seems like I need floor standers. I’d like to keep any replacement speakers at $4k. I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Dynaudio S5.4s for $4k but haven’t made a move in them yet. 
Any suggestions on a speaker selection or adjustments to my room or speaker wire are appreciated. To sum it up, I’m looking for more instrument detail with good sound staging either by making tweaks to my current set up or getting another flavor of speakers. Thx. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
@b_limo previously mentioned that I’m going to be able to audition the 805’s I heard I’m my home. Was going to do that tomorrow but need to push to next weekend. Before that will trim 15-20’ from my speaker wires. That should help a little.  It’ll be interesting to a/b the two speakers in my home. 
@loudspeaker77 aka Sandy, I did play around with more to-in with the GE’s and could hear a difference. Still need to experiment with placement but want to do so after trimming the speaker wire. Interestingly, I thought my vinyl playback sounded the best. I demoed the 805’s from a private seller. He used tidal through a MYTEK Brooklyn DAC. I stream through a McIntosh MB 50 through the DAC in my C 48. I have a Sony HAPZ1 for play back of my cached CD’s. I have to use the DAC on the Sony. This process is having me explore other options for my DAC, streamer and cd server. Not saying I’ll make a move but just want to open my mind to other possibilities. That said, I purchased a Jeff Rowland 112. I got a good deal on it and look forward to comparing it to my McIntosh 152. BTW, Sandy, the friend who’s trying to help me with my Well Tempered project is Mark Heaston. He used to co-own Concert Sound in San Antonio back in the day. Says he met you briefly at a couple of the trade shows. 
Yeah Buddy!  Rowland gear is awesome.  Built right here in my hometown.  
That amp should be awesome.  Congratulations!!
Along with more detail comes, usually, more brightness. I'll cope with a bit less detail for warmth. 
No time to read the whole thread so I might be saying something someone elastic's already has; That 'detail' in the B&W speaker is going to hurt your ears after a while. Get the Dynaudios. You won't regret it.
@pimbo why do you say that about the Dynaudio’s. Don’t know that much about them. These 5.4’s are about 18 years old. Please tell me more. Thx.