I've been dragged to recommendations, kicking and screaming

As a Tidal subscriber, every time I log in new hip hop artists are recommended to me.  Hilarious as I never listen to them, but lately I've been letting Roon play on and I'm discovering new artists and music I would not otherwise.

What's your experience been with online streaming and automated recommendation systems?
erik_squires
I’m under-impressed with Tidal’s album mixes it creates for me based ln my playlists, or the songs it chooses when i exceed my playlist. Pandora has the most flexible and robust music algorithm. While working, I listen to Pandora and enter songs I like in my Tidal playlists.
Give me radio with real people over algorthms anyday- also safe from every search being logged by our big brother friends. Have found more stuff from the radio anyway (like others above mostly whilst in the car). I find Alexa creepy- it's always on round a friend's house am really careful what I say. However ironically  I use you-tube more than anything now (used to subscribe to Spotify, now hardly touch it) which is probably worse...
I listen to the fm radio, both jazz and classical stations broadcasting in high quality FREE sound. I'm not paying for something I can still get for free, I seldom stream anything anyhow...
I have Spotify Premium and listen to a large variety of music. So every few days or so, I get updates in Release Radar and Discover Weekly. I've gotten to know so much new music as well as new releases from artists I love. It's a lot of fun.
Second to Radio Paradise. Also Tidal playlists lead to new discoveries. Equipment reviews also provide fresh listening.