Warm romantic & detailed

Good morning Gentlemen & ladies... 

I'm just starting to toy with idea of replacing my Focal 1038's... No matter how I treat my room, or what equipment I throw at it I just can't seem to tame the harsh highs on this speaker. 

I'd like to stay in the same price range of the Electra's (7/8k), I don't mind buying used, the musts for me at this point are: Warm, romantic, yet detailed... It would be beautiful to just sit and listen and not have ear fatigue after 15 minutes of listening. 

Can you please recommend something? 
jeffinnh76
Hi Jeff,
I tried out the 1038 Be2 as well a couple years ago.  I found them too bright in my space also.  In addition....I was quite disappointed in the bass for three 7 in drivers.  A few months ago a nice opportunity came along for some Wilson Audio Sophia 1s.  Although I believe the tweeter is still Focal, it is titanium and is much more smooth in my system.  It is laughable how much improved the low end and overall sound is compared to the 1038s.  My space is large at around 16x40x10 with the speakers at one end facing across the 40 foot area.  This ad below has been on here for quite a while.  Wilson had some mfg issues several years ago and are such an amazing company they have corrected all these regardless who's hands the speakers are in.  This pair has already had that corrected and are like new.  This is such a nice sounding speaker...I truly believe I have the speaker that will keep me smiling for decades to come.  Good luck!
Dana
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa3beb-wilson-audio-sophia-full-range
jeffinnh If you're in NH then you have an excellent opportunity to demo most of these speakers. Audio Video Therapy is a Spendor dealer. Fidelis which is 20 minutes away has Harbeth, Sonus, Dynaudio and Vandersteen. Walter the owner of Fidelis is the National USA distributor for Harbeth. Both stores by the way do offer home demos. One other speaker I'd put on the list is Sonner. AVT carries it along w/the Spendor. Also Fidelis is a McIntosh dealer too.
your preference perfectly describes the Sonus Faber Olympica lll’s 

added benefits:  gorgeous cabinetry, huge sound stage, detailed and resolving yet relaxed and sweet sonic signature; listening for hours even at high volumes - not a problem 
I know the folks at Audio video therapy well & have previewed many speakers in house. I actually just visited Fidelis two days ago. Unfortunately he was sold out of everything I wanted to hear, but I will be back when stock rolls back in.