Springs under turntable

I picked up a set of springs for $35 on Amazon. I intended to use them under a preamp but one thing led to another and I tried them under the turntable. Now, this is no mean feat. It’s a Garrard 401 in a 60pound 50mm slate plinth. The spring device is interesting. It’s sold under the Nobsound brand and is made up of two 45mm wide solid billets of aluminum endcaps with recesses to fit up to seven small springs. It’s very well made. You can add or remove springs depending on the weight distribution. I had to do this with a level and it only took a few minutes. They look good. I did not fit them for floor isolation as I have concrete. I played a few tracks before fitting, and played the same tracks after fitting. Improvement in bass definition, speed, air, inner detail, more space around instruments, nicer timbre and color. Pleasant surprise for little money.
128x128noromance
@mitch2 , you are exactly correct. Low bass pushes the suspension into it's nonlinear zone. Then there is doppler distortion on top. 
If you have at least two subwoofers of high quality you can push the high pass filter up as high as 150 Hz. Imagine doing that to K horns. JEEZ!
I chose the easy way out for my full size, 185 lb. speakers using spikes.  I have a custom listening room with 12" thick, steel rebar reinforced, 3000 lb psi poured slab.  At least no vibrations are going from the floor up, possibly only the speaker itself vibrates.  I like Townsend platforms and springs, possibly for my next speaker.

I use the Townsend Seismic Sink (bladder) for two decades under a VPI TNT VI+ turntable.  Without it, I would have junked the table as it has poor vibration control with those fancy feet.  

For the rest of my equipment, I use various versions of Stillpoints (ultra-minis, SS) and they work great after testing out a dozen others (some were equally good, most worse, none better).  I also use a buckwheat pillow under an EAR 324 phono preamp and CD recording/editing machine (better than anything else, inelegant and very inexpensive).  The buckwheat pillow is rather good overall; however, I wouldn't use it near my tube equipment (heat).  
My comment from a few weeks back:
My turntable and monoblocs are on springs. When I added them to the phono-preamp, I lost bass response. Frequency response tilted up in the mids. No resonant drone or rumble. Replaced with metal cones and all returned to normal.
I revisited this. I was using leftover loose springs for the above. I’ve since received another set of Nobsound springs; this time with no pads stuck on. Test 4 footers under the phono amp. 1 spring per footer. Added brass weights to counter the heavy transformers on one side.. Awesome! Cones gone. Danny Thompson bass is in the room.